Chapter 9 : Last Night

ElSA'S POV

" Okay... " I said not wanting to tell Astrid.

" Come on! Spit it out! " she said impatiently.

I thought about last night and everything that happened.

~ Flashback ~

" You wouldn't do it! You're too much of a chicken! " I heard the words bounce around in my head, making my blood boil, they have no idea who I am.

" Hahahahaha! Look at her! She's such a wimp! " They said pointing at me and laughing.

I will show them what's funny...

" Elsa, you don't have to prove anything, they're just trying to bother you, " Astrid said near my ear, so that no one else heard.

" That's not the point, I can do it, I know I can, " My words floated in the air, I can do this!

~ End of Flashback ~

" Elllllsaaaaa, " I blinked a couple times as I came back to it. Astrid stopped waving her hand in front of my face, " Are you okay? "

" Yeah, I'm fine, where was I? " I asked her.

" You haven't even started, " she said, laughing a little.

" Right... Well, after you left... I climbed the fire exit ladder on the side of the building leading to the door at the top. Of course it was locked, so I swung myself to the other side of the building and walked along the ledge, " I closed my eyes, instantly replaying what happened in my head, like it was a couple of minutes ago.

~ Flashback ~

Don't look down Elsa Winters, don't look down.

I was balancing on a thin ledge, 4 stories in the air, my knees were starting to shake, I knew they were all watching me, I never should have gotten involved with this group, everyone was right about them, they are trouble.

But what should you expect when the leaders of the gang are the Stabbington Brothers.

I can't back down now, everyone will think I'm weak, I have to move on.

~ End of Flashback ~

I looked at Astrid, she was waiting for me to finish, " I continued along the ledge, at the end there was about a 2 foot gap to get on to the roof, which slanted upwards. So I took a deep breath and jumped barely managing to wrap my fingers over the edge. " I could still remember the way they laughed at me when I almost fell, but I didn't tell Astird that.

" I pulled myself onto the roof and walked towards the skylight, I went to a window pane that could open and easily picked the lock. I slipped on my black gloves and opened the window, I lowered myself through it and and swung onto the balcony, " I can't seem to get what happened next out of my mind...

~ Flashback ~

One thing, that's all I need, of course they picked the biggest and most expensive jewelry store in the city for me to rob. I went down to the main floor and scanned the glass cases full of delicate diamonds. I couldn't decide what to steal, they said, " Get the most expensive thing you can, " so I will. I looked around and found a beautiful diamond necklace, it had a silver chain that sparkled in the moonlight, at the end was a diamond as big as a golf ball, with smaller diamonds surrounding it.

I was startled by the sound of sirens coming, crap! I must've set off a silent alarm! I quickly pocketed the necklace and went to leave the same as I came. I heard the brakes of the cop cars come to a halt and footsteps run to the door.

There was no way I would make it in time, maybe I could hide and wait for the perfect moment to escape. That's what I did, I ran behind a display case and watched the scene unfold in front of me.

They barged down the doors and in came five police officers with their guns raised. I couldn't hear what they were yelling over the sound of my heart beating out of control. They split up, when they left the room I decided to go out the alleyway exit just to be safe.

I slid along the walls, blending in with the darkness, I was almost to the door when I heard, " Freeze! Put your hands in the air and turn around, " I did what he said, he shined his flashlight in my eyes and came to hand cuff me.

When he got close enough, in one swift motion I raised my foot in the air and kicked him in the side of the head. He fell to the ground, but another came and held my hands behind my back, I threw my head back slamming into his nose and ignored the pain throbbing in the back of my head. He let go of my hands and I spun around, he spat out blood, which had dripped out of his nose and into his mouth, which inconveniently landed on my shirt.

I ran out the door as fast as I could, my tired legs aching, I knew they were following me so I tried to lose them in the alleyways. Just as I thought I had lost them, I turned around and no one was behind me, but when I turned back an officer tackled me to the ground and handcuffed me,

" You're in big trouble, Missy. "