Chapter 23 : It Was Hans

JACK'S POV

We went back to my house to think of a plan, but when we got there the door was left open a crack.

I pulled out the gun I still had and slowly opened the door.

Elsa stayed behind me, but got ready to attack if it was necessary.

The door creaked a little as it opened, I looked in and was very surprised.

The whole house was completely trashed. The furniture was destroyed, everything was a mess and I'm pretty sure there was a hole in the wall.

Elsa gasped as she walked in, I looked down and on the shattered coffee table was a note.

Dear Jack,

You can thank Elsa for all of this, even though it was your friends that did most of it. Not that you'll be able to ask them.

Sincerely, Hans

" What is it? " Elsa asked trying to look over my shoulder.

" It's a note from Hans, " I said handing it to her so she could read it.

She looked confused, " Thank me? What does this mean? " she asked.

" I'm not completely sure what it means, " I answered, " But I have to finish what I was saying yesterday. "

She nodded and we found a place to sit in the rubble.

" Okay.... so... here we go, believe it or not Hans and I actually used to be friends, " I started.

Elsa's eyes grew wide, " No way! " she said, giving me a hit on the shoulder.

" Oww, " I pretended and she smiled, " Okay as I was saying, we used to be neighbours, so we hung out a lot. One day we decided we were gonna go on an adventure even though we weren't allowed, so we got on the subway and went to a neighbourhood that everyone at school said is where the fun is at. This was in grade nine so we just wanted to fit in, we got there and everyone was pulling pranks on the new family in town. Naturally we joined in to be "cool" like everyone else. But soon the pranks got over the top and the family ended up calling the cops, " I explained.

She actually looked interested, " What happened? Keep going, " she urged.

" Well, Hans and I were kinda new at this stuff so when the police came we were the first to get caught. So, we were in the holding cell at the police station when a man came up, to this day I still don't know who he is, but he told us he would get us out if we did him a favour. " I said.

" A favour? " she asked, " That's all? "

" It wasn't just a favour, we didn't know what we were agreeing to, but of course we said yes because we didn't want to face our parents if they ever found out, so within a couple minutes the police let us go with a warning. After that the man took us back to the house of the new family, he gave us a box of matches and told us to burn it to the ground, " I stopped and took a deep breath and looked at Elsa, she looked shocked.

She stood up, " It was you! I can't believe it! It was you the whole time! " she yelled at me.

" Elsa, no you don't understand- " I started, but she cut me off.

" I understand perfectly fine, you- you burned my house to the ground and killed my father while doing it, just so that you wouldn't get in trouble from your parents! I can't believe I ever trusted you! " she exclaimed.

I stood up, " Just let me finish- " I tried to say.

" No! You've done enough, " she said while turning around and running out the door.

" Elsa! " I called, but she was already gone, " Great! Just great! " I said sarcastically once I knew she was gone.

Not only did Elsa not let me finish she thinks I killed her father! She didn't even let me tell her that I refused and that because of that I had to pay the biggest price of my life.

I regret sneaking out of the house that day, I don't know why that man wanted us to burn the house or if he intended on killing Elsa's father by doing it. 

I didn't know that it was her family that had moved in that week and it wasn't me who set her house on fire, it was Hans.

ANNA'S POV

" Owww, " I said as I regained consciousness.

" Anna, are you okay? " I heard Rapunzel ask.

" Yeah, my head is just a little sore, that's all, " I said as I rubbed my head, " Where are we? "

" That's the thing, none of us know, " she said and I looked around.

Astrid and Hiccup were sitting close by, but there was two other people that I didn't recognize.

" Who are they? " I said pointing to them.

" That's Flynn and Merida, " she said " And I think you already know Kristoff. "

I turned around and saw Kristoff leaning against the side of the small room we were in.

" How did you get here? " I asked Kristoff.

" I'm not sure, I remember Jack leaving, but nothing after that, " he said shrugging his shoulders.

" Well- " Astrid started, but was cut off.

" I'm so glad, all of you could come, " I heard someone say behind me.

We all turned around and saw the last guy I wanted to see in the whole world,

Hans.

Author's Note

Hey Everyone! I just want to thank all you who vote, comment and read my book! It means so much to me and I love to hear what you guys have to say! :D