Chapter 48 : Ventilation

ANNA'S POV

We all sat in the vast room in complete silence. None of us knew anything that we could say.  My stomach ached and sweet smell of all the pastries on the table along the wall didn't make it any better. 

" That's it! I give up! " I exclaimed as I walked over to the table and picked up a croissant that was as light as air. 

" NO! " Everyone yelled in unison as I shoved half of it into my mouth. 

I stand there chewing, as everyone starred at me with their mouths wide open, " What? " I shrugged, " We all knew I was gonna cave eventually. "

Rapunzel and Astrid nodded along, but the rest continued to look shocked. 

Kristoff had the most concern on his face, which was super cute, " Anna, we decided not to touch any of the food, for our own safety. "

" Yeah I know, " I looked at him apologetically, " but there's only so long that I can look at a pile of baked goods and not eat them. " 

As I finished my sentence the door opened and the blonde woman entered. She walked to the table to stand beside me, " I'm glad you helped yourself, " she said looking at the half eaten croissant in my hand. She picked up a bite sized cookie and placed it in her mouth as if to show that they were not laced with anything. 

" I hope you all feel free to join in and get your strength up you will have visitors in a short time, " she looked at each person in the room as she spoke before leaving the room as quickly as she came.

As soon as the door clicked back into place, everyone jumped up and rushed to the table, eating as much as they could, no one had really eaten for almost a day now.

At first I was too busy shoving as many chocolate chip cookies into my mouth as possible to notice that Jack was off in the corner looking out the barred window. With cookies in hand I walked over to him, " Whatcha thinking about? "

He was silent at first, " What am I not thinking about? My brain has never worked harder trying to make sense of everything that's happened. What did Pitch mean when he said 'now we're even'? He got even with me years ago, " he continued to stare out the window as he spoke.

" Maybe he wasn't talking to you? " I tried to come up with an answer to his question.

" The only other person he could have been talking to was Elsa, " he said shaking his head, " Why would he want to get even with her? What could she have done? "

I shrugged, there's nothing Elsa could have done to make Pitch want her dead, was there?

ELSA'S POV

I couldn't help but let the tears roll down my face, but I kept my teeth clenched and my fists locked. I had let the anger fully set in, if I wasn't totally focused on being mad, I knew I would break down and I was too scared that I may never be able to pick myself up again.

I don't care what William's intentions were when  he brought me here, but I know that I don't want to stay any longer. The look on his face when he first saw me proves all of this was not for sentimental reasons. 

The only clear exit was the door to my right, but there's got to be another way out of here.

I scanned the room there was a large vent above the counter, but I was unsure if I had enough strength to pull myself up.

I looked down at the bandage wrapped around my waist and I slowly pulled back the blood soaked fabric. The wound wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but it still wasn't pretty. I got up and began searching the cabinets until I found a gauze that was almost identical to the one I had just pulled off. I replaced the old with the new and made sure to wrap it tight, the pressure helped the pain to die down.

Suddenly an idea arose in my mind, it might be a good one, but I didn't have many other choices. 

I slowly and carefully got up on the counter and examined the vent, two of the bolts were missing, but the other two were in place. I grabbed the end of my shirt and wrapped it around the bolt and turned until it fell out of its placement. I did the same to the other bolt and removed the covering. 

I looked at the vent in front  of me, " It's now or never. "