Chapter 29 : Bobby Pin

JACK'S POV

We went to my house, I felt relief knowing that Elsa knew the truth now.

I let out a sigh as we entered it, everything was still a mess. But I had other things to worry about right now.

" Do you want to dry off your clothes? " I asked her as she tried to find a seat in the mess.

" Sure, " She replied.

" Okay, you can borrow some of my clothes and then we can put your's in the dryer, " I offered.

She nodded and left into my bedroom.

A couple minutes later she returned with a baggy pair of jeans and a belt to try and hold them up, she also had on a grey v neck that I haven't wore in ages.

She held her clothes in a wet lump, I took them for her and went to the dryer.

Thankfully the dryer was left undamaged, and I was still able to use it.

I started it up and decided to get change myself.

After I was done I added my clothes to the dryer and went back into the kitchen where Elsa was.

She was holding two broken glasses and a carton of orange juice.

I smiled when I walked over and she poured some for the both of us.

I was careful not to cut my mouth on the chipped glass as I drank from it.

" So how did you know that the whole scary legend thing would work? " Elsa asked, referring to me pretending to be Pitch Black.

" Well, a couple years ago I heard about this Pitch Black guy, he was rumoured to show up in dark alleys and claim victims. No one ever knew where they went, they just, disappeared. " I explained.

" What about the storm? " She asked, " Someone said something about him controlling the storms, how did you do that? "

" Actually I saw the storm coming and that's what made me think of Pitch Black, " I said, " It was actually just pure luck, " I laughed.

She chuckled, " Wow, that's quite a story, you were able to scare off a whole gang with a cloak. "

" Yeah, I'm actually still surprised it worked, " I said.

" So how are we going to do this? " Elsa asked changing the subject to how we are going to save everyone.

" Hmm, well we could make a plan but the trouble is we don't know where they are, " I said scratching my head.

" Could we assume they're at Black's Industries? " she asked, " You know because of everything that has happened there? "

" We could, but we still don't know what floor their on or where they are on that floor, " I said, I hated being pessimistic, but you really had to weigh your options when taking these risks.

" You still have the blueprints, why don't we go through the floors and see which one is possible to hold people? " Elsa suggested.

" That could work, " I said putting down my cup and heading to the basement.

Elsa followed me as I climbed down the stairs.

I flicked on the lights and placed the blueprints out in front of us.

We looked through each floor, but nothing seemed to stand out.

" Do you think there could be another floor that's not on the public record blueprints? " Elsa asked.

Wow... How come I never thought of that? I asked myself.

" Sure, that's possible, all you would need to do is have a contractor on your side and they could leave out anything you wanted, " I said.

" What if that's what Hans did? He constructed another underground floor and never had it known to the public! " Elsa exclaimed, I could tell she was getting excited because we were close to knowing where they are.

" I bet you that's what's going on, but I don't think Hans did all this, I think there is someone behind him, someone who is pulling the strings, " I said.

" The only question is who? " Elsa asked.

" That's what we need to find out. "

RAPUNZEL'S POV

I was really worried about Anna, what did they do to her?

All the sudden out of nowhere, it seemed that she had feelings for Hans.

Why Hans? Why not any other guy in the universe?

It doesn't make sense, maybe they brainwashed her! No, I don't think that's actually possible, is it?

But none of what has happened lately makes any sense.

I sighed and decided not to worry about that right now, we have bigger problems. Like how we are going to escape.

There's got to be a way out of here! I looked around the cell.

I turned to face Flynn, " You said something about being criminal, how can we get out of here? " I asked.

" Well, that's what I've been thinking about, and I haven't found a way yet unless, someone in this room has a paper clip or an object like that, " he said looking around at everyone.

We all shook our heads except for Anna, " I don't have a paper clip, but I do have a bobby pin, " she said pulling one out of her hair.

" That might work, " He said, grabbing the booby pin from Anna.

He went to the door and knelt by the lock, he put his arms through the bars and inserted the bobby pin into the key hole on the other side of the cell.

Interested to see if it would actually work, I went over and watched him, I made sure not to get too close as to bother him, but close even that I could see what was going on.

It looked like he was doing absolutely nothing, he just twisted his arm back and forth, up and down, but nothing seemed to happen.

I was so close to getting up and going back to my bench when I heard a click.

My eyes widened in shock and Flynn grinned at me.

" I don't believe it, that did not just work! " I said in total disbelief.

We both got up from the floor and I waited as Flynn slowly twisted the door handle.

It turned with ease and the door opened, all of us let out a cry of joy and I gave Flynn the biggest hug possible.

He returned it and I saw everyone anxiously waiting to leave.

Flynn went first and slowly entered the hallway. After we saw that it was empty we followed behind him.

We were out of our cell, now all we had to do was get out of this place.