Chapter 26 : Defeat

JACK'S POV

I looked around my house, realizing this is an all time low in my life.

My house is completely destroyed, my friends have vanished, Hans is after me, and Elsa hates me.

A week or two ago I wouldn't have cared if Elsa hated me and thought I was the one who killed her father, but know I do.

For some reason I want her to like me, I want her to like my friends, I want to spend time with her, I want Anna to approve of me, and I- I- I want........ her.

I've never felt this way in my life before, it was like Elsa was all I cared about. And I couldn't live without her.

It's like my heart hurts when she's not around, and it soars when she is.

I had never realized this before...

Then I felt a pain in my chest when I realized she hates me, she thinks I'm a monster. She doesn't know the truth.

I let out a sigh and sat down on what used to be my couch, but was now a pile of wood and feathers.

I placed my head in my hands, what am I gonna do?

All the sudden I heard strange sounds from out in the alley, almost like metal being scratched together.

Then I heard high pitched laughter and knew exactly what was happening.

I slowly opened my door and peered into the alley.

I could see what looked like torches in the distance.

I exited my house and shut the door, I slowly creeped along the walls getting as close as I dared to the flickering lights.

ELSA'S POV

" Nice to see you again, Elsa, " said a voice I recognized instantly.

" What do you want? " I questioned, not in the mood to make small talk.

A smile crawled across his scarred face, " Your tone cuts deep, " he said sarcastically.

His deep voice bounced off the walls of the alley. I looked around to see the members of his gang all holding torches.

" This is how it's gonna happen, you're gonna give me the ten thousand you stole from Black's Industries or we will track down everyone you know and burn them to the ground, " he threatened.

I noticed that his brother had appeared almost as a shadow behind him, I gulped knowing that this wasn't going to end well.

" I would love to give you the money, " I said sarcastically, " But I don't have it. "

I wasn't lying, I was so mad at Jack that I had totally forgotten about the money and how he still had it.

" What do you mean you don't have it? " asked his brother.

" Someone already took it, " I said, " Why do you think I'm all alone in a dark alley? "

My question seemed to actually stump them. They never were the brightest, that's why the Stabbington Brothers started stealing, because they were too dumb to get a real job.

While they thought of an answer, I noticed the wind started to pick up and the fire in the torches waved around in the air.

" It doesn't matter why you're in the alley, we want the money, " he said again.

" Are you deaf? I don't have it, " I said, and looked at the gang around them, I can't believe I ever wanted to be apart of that. " And why would I ever give it to you anyways, you're the reason my life is in pieces. "

" It's not our fault you got caught, and the Stabbington gang can only take the best, " he said gesturing to the people around him.

He and his brother both flashed a grin, " Now we'll give you one last chance to give us the money before things start getting ugly. "

I felt a couple rain drops on my shoulders, and realized the wind was strong enough to blow my hair around me.

I glared at him letting him know that my response hadn't changed.

" All right, just know I gave you a chance, " he said taking a few steps closer to me.

I backed away until I was against the brick wall, I looked to find something to defend myself, but nothing was insight.

I closed my eyes knowing this was the end.

ANNA'S POV

The man led me into a room and told me to sit down, I quickly listened after what he almost did to Kristoff. Trust me I'm not a big fan of the guy, but I don't want to see anyone dead.

" Do you know who I am? " he asked me.

" N- No, " I stuttered, trying not to show my fear, but it failed miserably.

" Let me tell you, I am Pitch Black, nice to meet you, " he said and stuck a hand out for me to shake.

I hesitantly out stretched my hand, and he shook it.

I instantly got a terrible feeling, his hand was ice cold and it felt like a rock rather than something part of a living being.

I quickly pulled away and shivered. He didn't seem hurt at my reaction, instead he grinned madly.

" Are you scared of the dark? " he asked me.

I looked around and noticed how dark the surrounding were except for a small dim flickering light above, which made me realize the answer to his question.

" Y- Yes, " I stuttered again.

" How about dreams? Are you scared of dreams? "

" No. "

" Now, another question, have you ever met a mentalist? " he asked.

" No, " I answered again.

" Are you aware that a highly trained mentalist can actually control others' minds through fear? " he asked as he began to walk circles around me.

" I am now. "

" Good, " he said as he stopped behind me.

Before I had a chance to turn around I felt two huge hands gripping my head.

I screamed in pain because it felt like his fingers were going through my skull.

I closed my eyes tight, but before I could try to defend myself my body went limp.

I couldn't use my arms, and I was having trouble even thinking.

Then all the sudden I didn't feel the pain anymore, but I still couldn't control myself.

Almost like images coming together to form a big picture, I started to see something.

I became completely horrified when I instantly recognized what the picture was in front of me.

I watched almost like a movie, but from my perspective.

I saw Elsa skipping down the stairs in our old house and coming to join my Father and I at the dining room table.

I relived every moment from that night, like rereading an old book.

I went through the horror of pointing out the fire to Elsa and watch her frantically try to put it out.

I helplessly watched as the fire rapidly crept up the walls and spread to the rest of the kitchen.

I could do nothing as Elsa pulled me outside and left me in the grass by myself as she went to help Dad.

I almost felt like I was screaming and crying like I did on that night.

And then all the sudden it was over. I was forced back into reality where I was alone, helpless and useless.

I crumpled in the chair I was in and felt tears run down my cheeks.

The only thing I could feel was...

Defeat.