Chapter 41 : Vitals

KRISTOFF'S POV

" So what's this great idea of yours? " Anna asked me.

" Well we know Pitch left in a helicopter and he's still in the city so we can trace what building they landed on by which ones have heliports, " I said hoping that would maybe give her hope.

My idea worked and her eyes lit up, " Kristoff! That's a great idea! " She said standing up, " Come on we should go now! We don't have a lot of time. "

" Great! " I said standing up with her, " Let's go tell the others, " I said turning to the door.

Anna grabbed my arm, " No, " she disagreed, " That will take too much time, we have to leave now. "

"  We can't just leave without telling them! " I exclaimed.

" Well I am, the question is are you coming with me? " She said jogging to the door, " Or are you going to let me face Pitch all by myself? "

I sighed, I couldn't let her do this alone, " Wait for me. "

JACK'S POV

" What!?! " I exclaimed, " She was just there like ten minutes ago! "

" How can something like this even happen? " Rapunzel questioned the nurse.

" I- I don't know, " the nurse stuttered, " we've never lost a patient before. "

Everyone was on their feet by now, I headed towards the hallway that lead to the patients' room.

They all followed behind me, " Wait! " the nurse exclaimed, " You guys can't all go up there, the rule is only two. "

Merida stepped in front of the nurse, " You lost a patient and have two missing persons, we are all going up there and you can't do anything about it. "

The nurse thought for a moment and then stepped aside to let us through.

We hurried to Elsa's room, it was just as the nurse said, Elsa was gone and Anna and Kristoff were no where to be seen.

Hiccup asked the question everyone was thinking, " What are we going to do? "

ELSA'S POV

After what seemed like forever I finally was able to think again.

But no matter how much I tried, I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes or move my body.

I was laying on something cold, I guessed like a metal gurney of some sort.

I couldn't remember much of what happened, all I remember was being in the hallway with Pitch and a gun shot.

Pain shot through my side, reminding my of the wound.

But where was I?

It couldn't be a hospital, or else I wouldn't be on some uncomfortable metal table.

I heard noises, quietly getting closer, as they came towards me, I recognized them as footsteps.

Someone came close to me, and grabbed my limp hand, they gently squeezed my wrist to check for a heartbeat.

Once they found my still functioning heart, they put my hand down and stepped away.

There was a rustling close of feet and the sound of velcro tearing as the person came back near my arm.

They wrapped the velcro around my upper arm and I heard air being pumped.

The fabric around my arm slowly got tighter and tighter, until finally the air stopped and the tension was slowly released.

Next the person came and rubbed a cold liquid on my arm, it made me want to flinch, but I couldn't.

I felt a thin, but long needle being stabbed into my arm, if I wanted to scream, but my mouth refused to open.

Almost as fast as the needle came, it was gone, but the pain was still there.

The thought of needle made me want to scream and run away but I couldn't do anything, not even open my eyes.

Another pair of footsteps entered the room.

" I checked her vitals, she seems to be in a mini coma, " said a woman's voice, which oddly sounded familiar.

The other came close, I could sense them leaning over me.

" She may well be fully conscious under her physical state, " spoke the voice again.

With that they backed off a bit, but didn't go far away.

" I can't believe she's here, " the woman came to stand by the other, " It almost doesn't seem real. "

I wanted to open my eyes, I wanted to wake up and see what was going on, but my body refused, like it had given up on me.

They didn't stay much longer before they walked off.

It was odd, no matter what I thought about, I wasn't scared, maybe I was hopeful, or maybe I knew Pitch would never win.

Or maybe it was because I knew Jack was out there and that he would come for me, along with everyone else.

Either way, I wasn't fearful of what these people would do to me, I had faith.

But, there was something nagging at me, it was fear.

Not for me, but for the ones I loved, Anna, Rapunzel, Hiccup, Astrid..... Jack.

I was scared to death for them, part of me was screaming at them to forget about me and not to risk it, while the other part knew I would die if I never saw them again.

They are the only important part of my life and without them I couldn't go one.

I can't believe someone that I met not too long ago, could come to mean so much to me.

I knew who I wanted to come bursting through the door...

Jack.