Chapter 44 : Locked In

ANNA'S POV

We quickly exited the building, the nurse would try to stop us if they found out because the police will want to talk to us about Elsa.

The cool night air shocked my lungs as we stepped onto the streets. 

We had decided the best thing to do was go to Jack's apartment and try to think up a plan that could help us find Elsa. None of us wanted to sit still, but it was the only plan we could come up with. 

We walked in pairs to fit on the sidewalk as Jack led us to his place. 

Kristoff and I walked at the back of the group, nobody said anything, so I was left to think about the past couple days. 

As we continued down the road, all the sudden I felt a tug on the foot I was trying to lift up, but  instead of it moving outward it fell down to its original position as I tumbled to the ground and let out a yelp. Kristoff caught my one arm, but I still landed on the cold cement with my knees. 

 Everyone stopped and turned around to see what happened.  

I looked down at my feet to see I had tripped over my untied shoelace.

" You okay? " Kristoff asked me. 

I couldn't help but laugh at myself, " Yeah I'm fine, just being my normal clumsy self. "

" You'll get used to that, " Rapunzel snickered. 

" Hey! I'm not that bad, " I tried to defend myself as Kristoff let my arm slip out of his hand so I could tie my shoelaces. 

" Are you kidding me? " Rapunzel smirked at me, " One time she bumped into statue at the museum and broke the arm off. "

I finished tying my shoes, " Like you have room to talk, Elsa and I watched you hit yourself in the head with a frying pan, " I said standing up again. 

" You saw that? " Rapunzel asked. 

" Mmmhmm, " I mumbled as we continued to walk. 

Flynn laughed, " You hit yourself with a frying pan? " he repeated. 

Rapunzel gave him a hit on the shoulder, " Don't make fun of me, it was one time. " 

They continued to talk, but I didn't hear the rest, instead I heard a noise behind us. I wiped my head around to look, but nothing was there. 

" What? " Kristoff asked, looking in the same direction as me. 

" Oh, I just thought I heard something, I must be going crazy, " I said moving my fingers in circles around my ears. 

He smiled, " So you broke a statue eh? "

I laughed, " Yeah if you haven't already figured it out I'm not the most graceful person, " I was glad he was taking my mind off worrying about Elsa. 

" I have definitely noticed, " He said smirking at me. 

" Okay, so I'm a little clumsy, but its not like- " I stopped talking when I heard another noise from behind us. 

" It's not like what? " Kristoff prompted me to finish my sentence. 

I turned around and was searching the shadows that the dim streetlights couldn't reach. 

When I couldn't find anything we started walking again, " Sorry, I could've sworn I heard something. "

" That's okay, what were you saying? " He asked me. 

" I was saying that its not like me to- " My sentence was interrupted by a distant rattle. 

We both turned around this time,  " Did you hear that? " I asked him. 

" Yeah, it sounded like two pieces of metal hitting each other. 

The rest of the group noticed we stopped and walked back to us, " What's up guys? " Hiccup asked, looking in the same direction we were. 

" I think  something is following us, " I answered.

Before we could say anything else a person emerged from the shadows. They were wearing dark clothing and a hood pulled over their face. 

" Who is that? " Astrid asked. 

A low, but soft voice came from the figure, " If you want Elsa try to keep up. " 

In one quick motion they took off sprinting into an alley. 

ELSA'S POV

I sat on the metal gurney, sobbing at the reality that my father was alive and never came to find Anna and I. 

Apparently he had had "no choice" but I didn't believe that for a second. He will have to come up with a better excuse if he wanted me to forgive him. 

I shook my head at my own thoughts, as if I was going to forgive him, no excuse in the world was good enough for what he had done. 

I took a deep breath the more I thought about it the more angry I became. 

Instead, I tried to focus on something else, like how I was going to get out of here. I couldn't stay that was for sure, Anna would be worried, Jack would be searching for me. 

I had to find them, I didn't cared about what stupid excuse my dad would try to tell me, I cared about getting out of here and finding my real family. 

The family who was there for me, the family who we had been through so much together, even if it had been a short period of time. 

I got up from the bed and fighting back the pain, I went to the door. 

I pulled on the metal handle, but it didn't move. 

They had locked me in here, my own father was holding me prisoner. I looked around for something to bust open the door. 

I went to the closest cupboards and opened them. They were bare. I went to the next ones. Empty. I opened the last one in the row. Empty. All the cupboards were empty. I slammed the door shut as my anger flared up. 

I put my head in my hands. 

What was I going to do?