Chapter 33 : Family

ELSA'S POV

I ran down the hallway.

I wasn't quite sure where I was going, but I was determined to find Anna.

I wasn't going to let another one of my family members die because of me.

At the end of the hall a door was open, I burst into the room and saw Anna's body on the ground.

I ran to her, and placed my index and middle finger to her neck.

I let out a huge sigh of relief when I felt a heart beat, it was weak, but it was there.

" I'm so sorry Anna, this was never supposed to happen, " I told her, even though she couldn't hear me.

" This isn't over yet, " A voice behind me said.

I turned around to see a man dressed in black from head to toe.

He had unusual yellow eyes that showed hate in every way.

" Do you remember me, Elsa? " He hissed at me.

" Should I? " I asked.

" No, I guess not, you were only a child, " He said, " Well, I knew your mother before you were even born. "

I furrowed my eyebrows, " What does that have to do with anything? " 

" What does it have to do with anything? It has to do with everything! That's the whole reason the life you live today is this way, " He said, starring me down from across the room.

" Okay, if you are telling the truth, prove it, " I said, challenging him. 

" Your mother and I knew each other in high school, but it wasn't until- " He started, but was cut off.

" Elsa! " I heard my name being called out as Jack burst through the door, " Are you okay? " He asked as he rushed to my side. 

" I'm fine, " I said, staying on the ground with Anna. 

Jack instantly felt for a heart beat and let out a sigh of relief.

" She'll be okay, " He said smiling at me, I couldn't help but feel calm around him. 

I looked up to where the man was sitting, but he was gone. 

" Jack, where did he go? " I asked. 

He looked confused, " Who? "

" The man, " I said pointing to where just moments ago he was standing, " He was just here before you came. " 

" I don't know, " He said, " Was it Hans? " 

" No, I've never seen him before, " I said, " He- He knew my mother. " 

" He can't be to far away, we can find him, " He suggested. 

" What about Anna? " I said, glancing at where she still lay on the floor unconscious.

He thought for a second and went out of the room, as if on demand Kristoff came running down the hall. 

" Kristoff! " He yelled, signalling him into the room, " We need you to keep Anna safe, we need to find the guy that did this. " 

He nodded his head and Jack pulled me to my feet, I hesitated for a little bit, because I didn't know Kristoff really at all.

" You can trust me, " He said. 

Something in his voice told me I could and Jack and I took off running down the hall. 

We weren't sure where to go so we continued to jog down the halls, hoping to catch a glimpse of him. 

We came up to a fork in the hall and Jack slowed down, he put this finger to his lips, signalling to be silent. He leaned against the wall and took a quick glance down the one way.

He quickly jerked back and moved away letting me look. I slowly peered around the corner and saw two men and a woman. 

There was Hans, the man from the room, and-

I looked away, not believing my eyes. 

No, no, no... 

It can't be her.

ANNA'S POV

My eyes fluttered open and I looked at my surroundings.

I noticed someone leaning beside me and I instantly jerked away. 

My vision cleared up and looked into the familiar eyes of Kristoff. 

" Kristoff! " I exclaimed and tackled him into a hug, " Y- You saved my life, " I said, not really knowing the proper way to thank him. 

I closed my eyes and remembered what had happened just moments before, but felt like ages ago.

I gulped as Hans pressed the knife to my neck. 

" Kill her, " Pitch said casually. 

" Are you sure boss? " Hans hesitated. 

He received a glare and dug the knife a little more into my neck. I yelped as the pain started, instead of doing this quick, he was making me suffer. 

I was surprised as a blood curdling scream rang in the room and bounced off the walls. 

At first I thought I made this noise, but I realized that it wasn't, it was Rapunzel. 

Being surprised by the sudden shriek Hans loosened the knife on my neck for just a second. 

But it was just long enough from someone to react. In the corner of my eye I saw Kristoff kick one of Hans' knees backwards. 

There was a loud pop and he stumbled to the ground, he didn't let me go all the way and I fell backwards and smacked my head off the cold, hard ground.

My vision started to blur, and slowly I blacked out.

That was the last thing I remembered. I smiled at Kristoff as the worry on his face slowly faded. 

" Thank you, " I said. 

" Anytime, " He replied, " Can you walk? " 

He helped me to my feet and I took a step forward, I stumbled a bit, but Kristoff put an arm around me to help support. 

We walked out of the room and he led us down the hall. We got to a corner and almost ran into Rapunzel and Flynn. 

" Anna! You're okay! " She exclaimed as she tackled me into a hug, " I was so worried after Pitch disappeared with you. "

" Wait! What happened? " I asked, completely confused. 

" After you blacked out, Pitch grabbed you in the commotion and we were afraid we wouldn't find you again, " She explained, her eyes starting to water, " But we found you, so that doesn't matter anymore. " 

I smiled and was relieved that everything was almost over, at least that's what I thought. 

" Rapunzel! " Someone yelled down the hall. 

We turned to see Astrid, " It's yo- your mother, " She looked stricken with shock, " Sh- She's here. "