Chapter 38 : Pop and Crackers

RAPUNZEL'S POV

Everyone stopped and looked at me.

No one said anything.

" Are you deaf and ugly? " I shouted, as soon as the words left my mouth, I covered it, that probably wasn't the best thing to say to them.

Flynn broke out into laughter, but was silenced by the glares of the two men.

" And who do you think you are? " Said the more talkative of the two.

" I'm the one with the jewels you want, " I answered, holding the bag of 'jewels' higher in the air.

" Don't do th- " Started Flynn, but he was cut off.

" Shut it Rider, " The other one said, holding his hand up.

I gulped as they both took a step towards me.

" Wait! " I yelled, " Don't move another inch, if you want the jewels you have to meet my conditions. "

" And what are those? " They questioned.

" Let Flynn go, " I said, " That's all and then you can have them. "

The one laughed, which made the other start also, " Awe Flynn, you gonna make your girlfriend rescue you? "

I frowned, " You have no business in what type of relationship we have, now you know the terms, what is your answer? "

" Settle down princess, you can have him, he's of no worth anyway. "

They pushed Flynn forward and he walked the rest of the way over, " There, you have him, now give us the bag, " The one with a huge scar across his cheek said.

I leaned over to Flynn, " Get ready to run, " I whispered in his ear.

" Alright, " I said and tossed the bag to about five feet in front of him.

I didn't want to wait around for them to find out what was really in the bag so I took off running in the opposite direction.

Flynn was right beside me as we ran down the alleyway.

I heard one of the men yell, " Hey! Get back here! " but we just kept running.

" Follow me! " Flynn yelled as he turned down a side street.

I did what he said and trailed a little bit behind him as we continued to run.

Flynn lead us down a complicated path of twists and turns throughout the city, until about 10 minutes later he took a sharp turn and I lost him.

" Flynn? " I whispered, not wanting to attract any attention to myself, just in case the men were close behind.

Darkness surrounded me and I could barely see anything.

My arms were out in front of me, to make sure I didn't run into anything.

My heart was pounding, as my fear grew stronger and stronger.

All of a sudden something grabbed my hand and pulled me into a deep doorframe.

I tried to scream, but someone's hand was covering my mouth.

The arm grabbing my hand pulled me into their chest, so there arm was around my waist.

They leaned close to me and whispered, " Shhhhh, " into my ear.

I didn't move or say anything else, I heard footsteps coming and braced myself for what was about to happen.

ANNA'S POV

Jack and I sat in the room with Elsa for what seemed like hours, eventually Jack stood up.

" Everyone else should be here by now, I'm going to go talk to them, " He said and waited for me to approve, " Is that okay? " He asked.

" Yeah, that's fine, I'll stay here, " I replied.

He nodded and walked out of the room.

I looked at Elsa and fresh tears started to fall, " Don't do this, please, " I cried and rested my head on the bed.

The door clicked and opened a bit.

My head instantly shot up, was Jack back already?

" Jack? " I called out, but no one responded.

The door opened wider and Hans stepped out from behind.

I immediately stood up from my chair, " What are you doing here? " I asked angrily.

" Please don't be angry, " He said with sorrow in his eyes.

I almost felt bad for him and then I remembered what a jerk he was.

" I have every right to be angry! You tried to kill me! " I yelled.

" I didn't want to, " he said not raising his voice.

I sighed and looked at Elsa, I wasn't going to be stupid again, " You have five seconds to get out before I call for help, " I told him crossing my arms.

" Please, just hear me out, " he begged.

He took a step closer, " Not any farther, " I ordered, picking up the Emergency help line connected to Elsa's bed.

I showed it to him and let my thumb hover overtop of the button.

He put his hands up and stopped moving, " I don't want to work for Pitch anymore, " he said, looking desperate.

" Then quit, " I said, with no emotion.

" It's not that simple, " He said, " You can't quit, you either die young and unloyal, or old and loyal, there is no inbetween. "

" Well, doesn't that suck. "

He looked hurt, " Why are you so cruel all the sudden? "

I narrowed my eyes at him, " Well, when someone tries to kill you, you usually aren't friends anymore. "

" Anna, please, " He said and took another step.

On instinct my thumb went down and pressed the button.

" Just go, " I said and looked away.

He didn't say anything, but when I looked back he was gone.

I let out a sigh of relief.

In a minute a nurse arrived, " What's the emergency? " she said, rushing to Elsa's bedside.

" Oh sorry, " I said, " She's fine, I accidentally sat on the button, " I lied, looking apologetic.

" That's quite alright, " She smiled at me, " Try not to do it again. "

She turned around and walked out of the room.

I suddenly felt thirsty, so I got up and went into the hall to the floor kitchen.

There was some pop, which I grabbed, along with a package of crackers.

As I walked out, back into the hall, Hans as standing right outside the doorway.

He grabbed me by the arms and shook me, making me drop everything.

" Help! " I screamed, " Let me go! "

" I'm so sorry, " He said and lifted my feet off the ground.

" Hey! " I heard someone yell.

Hans suddenly dropped me to the floor and ran in the opposite direction.

The man came up beside me, " Are you okay, miss? " he asked.

" Yeah, I'm fine, just a little bit shaken up, " I answered.

He helped me up, " Do you need a nurse? "

" No, I'll be okay, but thank you, " I said.

He nodded and walked away.

I made my way back to Elsa's room, but when I got there, the door was slightly ajar.

I furrowed my brow as I walked in, I gasped as I looked in the room.

Elsa was gone.