Chapter 37 : Silence

MERIDA'S POV

We left Flynn and Rapunzel and kept walking.

No one said anything as a heavy silence settled over us.

Within ten minutes we arrived at the hospital and went to the front desk.

" Visitors, to see Elsa Winters, " Hiccup said, as we reached it.

The nurse looked at a bunch of papers scattered across her desk, " I'm sorry Ms Winters' doctor has only permitted two visitors at a time, you'll have to wait here, " she said.

Hiccup sighed and we backed away from the counter and sat down in the waiting room.

I sat down beside Hiccup and tried my best to be sympathetic, " Don't worry I'm sure she's fine. "

He looked up at me, " Thanks, " he said, showing me a small smile.

RAPUNZEL'S POV

" Flynn?! " I called, hoping that he would just walk around the corner of the building.

He didn't.

It was pitch black outside, the only light was from the restaurant sign and a street lamp about 15 feet away.

I was hurt that he would ditch me, but decided the best thing was to head to the hospital.

As I walked back to the main road, I heard a trash can fall over.

I jumped and looked into the darkness, but couldn't see anything.

I heard murmuring, which, call me crazy, sounded like my name.

" Hello? " I called out, my own voice surprising me, I didn't think I had the bravery.

There was no response, so I started to walk away, when another trash can fell over, making a loud noise echo throughout the alley.

I hurried to the side of the building so I wasn't standing out in the open, I had a bad feeling about this.

I didn't dare move for about 5 or 10 minutes.

No more sounds came from the darkness and I was just about to start walking when I heard a voice.

" I think she's gone now, " Said one voice.

Another one spoke out, " Good. "

" Listen guys, we can work this out, " I heard Flynn say.

" Shut up, " said the first voice.

All three exited the darkness and pushed Flynn against a brick wall. I held my breath and made sure I was out of sight.

The two men who were cornering Flynn were huge, they both had to be at least 6 foot 5, they had thick arms and had tattoos across their bodies.

" Just tell us where the jewels are so we can be on our way, " One said.

" Jewels? " Flynn said, sounding confused, " I don't know what you are talking about. "

They pushed him against the wall again, this time with more force, " Don't play stupid, Rider, you were the only guy we sent in after the cops came. "

" Listen it was a good plan, but when I entered cops were swarming everywhere, I'm lucky they didn't catch me too, " Flynn tried to reason with them.

They didn't say anything, but crossed their arms across their chests.

" After all this time you guys don't trust me? " He tried again.

They remained silent.

" Ouch, " He said saracastically.

They looked at one another and then back at Flynn, one of them cracked his knuckles, while the other cracked his neck, and together they took a step towards him.

" We used to trust you, until that night when Elsa got caught and you disappeared, " One finally responded.

I shook my head and couldn't believe my ears, did they just say Elsa? How do they know her?

" I tried to meet back up with you guys, but by the time I got back you guys were gone, " Flynn reasoned with them, but they didn't seem to care.

I took a deep breath and looked around me, if nothing happened they were going to kill Flynn.

The two men pulled out knives and closed in around him.

My heart was pounding as I grabbed an empty grocery bag off the ground and filled it with lose rocks on the pavement.

I mustered up all the courage I could and stood up holding the bag, " Looking for something? " I called out.

JACK'S POV

Anna and I waited on the outside of the door, we both looked at each other and took a deep breath.

I looked at the numbers on the door, 472, a file was clipped to the door with Elsa's name on it.

I reached out and turned the door handle.

We entered the room and saw Elsa laying on a hospital bed in the far corner.

She was sleeping, but looked peaceful.

Anna started to tear up at the sight of her sister, but the heart monitor reminded us that she was alive with a steady beat.

We came around and sat on either side of the bed.

Anna tried to hold back her tears, but couldn't stop all of them as a few tear drops fell down her cheek.

A doctor interrupted us, when she entered holding the file that was clipped to the door.

" Hello, I'm Ms Winters' doctor, " she said coming over to the end of the bed.

I smiled at her, but couldn't bring myself to say anything.

" Don't worry, I'll leave you alone in a little bit, but I just wanted to let you know that she is going to be okay, " she said, " With a little time she should be as good as new, but she just had surgery to remove the bullet, so she probably won't be waking up anytime soon. "

After she had finished, she left the room, closing the door behind her.

Leaving Anna and I to the silence that existed before she entered the room.