Chapter One:Grief

Please keep an eye on the chapter's order, it's wrong for some reason and I can't fix it sorry

No ones pov:

Meliodas could barley keep his tears at bay as realization of everything that just happened hit him. Confused sad and hurt Meliodas found himself regaining his consciousness rounded by trees he's never seen before. He sat the best he could as his body was covered in wounds and clothes almost completely torn to shreds trying to recognize the surrounding with tears blurring his eyes. He managed to spot the silhouette of a person merged with a strong red laying a few feet away from him. Finally blinking away the tears so he could see properly.

Meliodas began crawling towards his little brother whose shape was as bad if not worse than his own. Stretching one of his hands foward and placing it over the back of Zeldris' shoulder kindly calling out his name, his voice cracking multiple times in the process and trying to shake him awake. All the while his heart and mind desperately screamed and begged for him to respond. Please, he's everything I have left. The rational thought of searching for his pulse, heartbeat, even his breathing nowhere to be found.

When the little glimmer of hope left in Meliodas' eyes had began vanishing, Zeldris who was laying onto his stomach started stirring. The blond whose eyes now were wide open slowly flipped the body below onto his back, looking up and down Zeldris' shape searching for any life threatening wounds.

"Meliodas... We... Won...?" spoke the black haired demon breathing heavily out of exhaustion and raising himself slightly with both elbows. But before his brother could answer his own eyes widened, memories flooding back in his mind and tears threatening to fall.

The blond instantly took notice of this and launched foward, arms rounding the younger one protectively, allowing silent tears of grief fall from both of their eyes. Zeldris returned his brother's hug now sitting straight.

Hours passed without notice as the sky was nowhere to be seen, covered with dark clouds that somewhere along the line had begun raining as if the world itself was crying over their loss. None of them pushed away from the warm embrace, afraid of losing the only thing they had left.

Meliodas pov:

Zeldris started to pull away from me, and as I don't have the strength nor will I let him. Now that we were separeted I took notice that we were soaking wet due to the rain. Since when was it raining? And then I looked over to his face, his eyes were green still glimmering with tears and dark circles beneath them, the demon mark was gone. But what caught my attention was something else. He looked... Different. He looked... Younger? Yes, for some reason his factions were more childish, well more than usual.

As painful as it was, I knew we had to move foward sooner or later and decided to take responsibility as the older one and used this weird situation to try and change the mood.

"Oi Zeldris... Did you shrunken?" I blurted out.

"Ha??" the look of confusion in his face was absolutely priceless.

I(don't ask me how) summoned a mirror and shoved it to his face.

He froze, palms over both sides of his face rubbing it up and down trying to confirm the sight throughout touch. He turned to look at me and froze once again. The confusion in his face growing larger but suddenly replaced with a frown of anger and embarrassment.

Something like a growl left his throat, snatching roughly the mirror I still held from my hand, spinning it and shoving it to my face now.

Zeldris pov:

Pride and amusement took place in my chest replacing a little bit of the pain as I watched the cocky grin that has formed in my brother's face disappear, his expression changed between shock and confusion growing even paler than he already was while looking at the mirror I held.

"I'm a kid!? " Meliodas screamed-asked looking away from the mirror and down to see his own shorter-than-usual body.

"We ARE kids, we just look... Younger than usual?" I said hesitating slightly.

"We are NOT kids, rather the equivalent of a teenager human" Isn't that the same? He said raising one of his hands and pointing his index finger upwards eyes closed, a tiny frown and looking absolutely offended.

"Sure whatever" I answered rolling my eyes at him. How is he older than me? "Although I wonder how it happened"

He looked at me blankly for a few seconds probably searching for an explanation but instead he shrugged.

I looked at him with a 'seriously' face and just when I was about to reply he turned his head sharply to one side with a serious look and I heard it. Between the splashing sound of the rain and the natural sounds of the forest my enhanced hearing caught footsteps approaching.

No ones pov:

A tall pale man with black long hair, a sort of grey scarf and completely black clothes was running though the forest, it was raining heavily. He was following a villain that managed to escape but much to his dismay he lost the track. Progressively slowing down until he was simply walking he began to wander aimlessly through the woods hoping that luckily he'll encounter the bastard soon before he killed someone else.

On the distance he spotted two figures sitting in the mud, both looking in the hero's direction. As he got closer he noticed they were two kids, both tense, slowly standing up with a fighting stance way too polished for such young kids.

"What are you two kids doing at midnight in the middle of the forest with this storm, wounded and wearing those rags?"
He asked genuinely confused and quite concerned, he is a hero after all.

The two 'kids' looked at eachother wary of the person before them and spoke in... Which language is that? Between themselves for a few seconds while they were at it he reached to one of his pockets and pressed a button sending a signal to a comrade until the blond one turned to the hero again and answered.

"We don't know, we just woke up here. Can you tell us where we are?" He said, his voice as cautious as his look and way too mature for his appearance.

"You are in a forest at the north(I've got no idea if there is a forest there) of Tokyo. What are your names? " Said the hero sounding lazy and bored.

The 'kids' looked again at each other confused but stayed silent ignoring the man's question.

"Well whatever I need you to come with me for interrogation and then I can help you get your parents" Said the man after being rudely ignored not noticing the way the boys flinched at the word 'parents'.

"No" spoke the black haired 'kid' this time.

"Sorry but I'm not asking. Midnight?" said the hero while with one hand he raised his scarf and covered his mouth.

The 'kids' that were apparently too concerned about the man failed to notice someone else approaching and reacted way too late. A weird smell bathed the air making its way through their lungs and numbing their bodies before they could move away to avoid it. But although their bodies stopped answering they were still conscious to the hero and his new female partner surprise only passing out after a solid minute.

1242 words

Hope you liked it!