Chapter Thirty Four : The Rainbow After The Storm

No one's pov:

The next morning the rescue team reunited and the brothers got separated because Bakugo and Zeldris had to be interrogated by the police, the human blonde was uncharacteristically silent all the time. Excepting Meliodas who waited for his brother in the police station, the others said their goodbyes and left to their homes.

It took a couple of hours but the two kidnapped kids were allowed outside encountering the sight of the older demon sitting in a chair, he looked up and smiled at the two.

"Took you a while" He stood and walked in their direction but none of the two answered and the look in Zeldris and Bakugo's face wasn't nice, he decided he could deal with Zel back at home so focused on the human "You okay there?" The tall blonde looked up calmly

"It's nothing" He said almost softly "See you at school" He walked past Meliodas and left the place while waving one hand, his gaze returned to the younger demon, the latter was looking at the floor. Meliodas himself wasn't in the best of shapes and the previous situations were of no help but he pushed his emotions away and focus on his brother's as it was obvious the 'voice' situation affected him despite what he said last night.

"Let's go" Said Meliodas laying a hand in Zeldris' shoulder, the black haired looked up and nodded and the two made the same trip the blonde did the night before with the other kids. They spent the whole time in a strange silence.

______________________________________

Meliodas' pov:

"What is the meaning of this?" I gulped at Dadzawa's harsh tone, as soon as we arrived home I used my key to open the door and met the sight of our parents standing before the door with crossed arms and serious faces. I looked away to avoid the accusing stares and whistled innocently "Meliodas"

"H-hey I uh...brought Zel" I said sweating slightly nervous but instead of scolding us like I expected the two hugged us tightly, I tensed and Zeldris flinched a bit still with the sensation of our father but we soon relaxed and hugged back.

"Idiots" Said Zashi softly tightening his hold, I smiled and laughed a bit.

"Sorry"

__________________________________

After dealing with our dads scolding we went to our room, I layed back looking at the ceiling while Zel sat looking down. I swear, will our life ever be normal? After thinking about it for a while I accepted that it probably won't, I straightened myself, looked at my brother and activated my big-brother mode shifting to be closer to him.

"Bro?" I spoke so he wouldn't be startled when I laid my hand in his shoulder but he still flinched making me frown, he was shaking slightly and he clenched his hands "Hey, it's fine" I said pulling him closer so his head layed in my shoulder "It wasn't him" I used my hands to caress his spiky hair, he shuddered and sniffed burying his face farther in my shoulder before he began sobbing. What in the world happened? Why it was affecting him this much when it didn't affect me? I know I have to ask to understand but I won't push him yet so I just let him cry in my shoulder muttering reassuring words for about an hour.

"I'm sorry..." He said pulling away and brushing the tears from his face, I shook my head kindly and smile at him.

"Don't be" I paused "Can you tell me what happened?" I asked as softly as possible so he wouldn't feel pressured.

__________________________________

No one's pov:

Bakugo and Zeldris were both tied in chairs with quirk-dampening bounds, so Zeldris wasn't supposed to be able of freeing himself. The two were in separated rooms with a screen in front, right now Zeldris' was turned off. It took a couple of minutes but eventually the screen lighted up and an unsettling voice made him shiver.