Chapter Fifteen: Friends

Midoriya's pov:

Stain had me paralyzed with his quirk walking past me and going to Lida.

"Fakers are many but you deserve to survive" He reached my friend holding his katakana just above his head ready to strike "But he doesn't"

"NOO! STOOOOOP!" I screamed desperately. Am I really going to let my friend die?

Before the blade could touch a merge of purple and orange fire shoot in Stain's direction. He jumped in time to avoid the attack, looking to it's origin three people stood. Todoroki, Meliodas and Zeldris.

"Midoriya, you should be more specific. Now I'm late" Todoroki said, fire streaming from his left side. Meliodas' hand was still stretched with purple flames and his eyes with that scary black.

"You guys... Why are you here?" Lida spoke sounding angry.

"Todoroki is that your left side?!" I said surprised but deep inside I was truly happy to know that he's not denying it.

"'Why'? That's my line" Said Todoroki slightly annoyed "You sent your location to all your contacts, and the three of us were together with my father's agency. I guessed that... " He stomped the floor with his right, ice covering the floor protecting me and the unconscious Nomad hero "You needed help!" He threw what you could call a fireball. "The pros will be here soon!"

In the blink of an eye Lida, Nomad and me where on Todoroki's side. Then I noticed a hand grabing my suit, with effort as I was still paralyzed I looked up to see Zeldris grip on it. Meliodas doing the same with Nomad and Lida.

"Guys! Don't let him make you bleed! He can paralyze by ingesting the blood!" I warned them. We can't have them losing too.

"That explains the knife's shape" I heard Meliodas mumble and saw Zeldris nodding in agreement.

Todoroki suddenly moved his head to one side, a knife scratching his cheek. It appears Stain threw three blades one to each, Zeldris dodged his without a problem and Meliodas literally grabbed the knife by the hilt before it touched his face. How?

Not even a second passed and Stain was in front of Todoroki slashing another knife. He blocked the attack with an ice tower, then he saw the katakana falling just above his head, the villain threw it as a distraction successfully catching Todoroki's attention. Stain's tongue caressed His cheek almost touching the blood but he jumped back dodging Meliodas. His left hand still stretched becoming obvious the fact that he trew a slash, gripping the katana with his right hand and the knife he caught in the other.

The three of them were keeping Stain at bay but he was too strong.

"Why all of you... Stop already" Said Lida, the hurt and despair in his voice evident "This is my problem...I'm Ingenium's heir. I must be the one to..."

"His heir? How funny" Started Todoroki even when he was fighting "The Ingenium I know never had a look so filled with hatred!" Lida seemed to snap at that.

I finally managed to move joining the fight, Stain cut Todoroki in the arm but Meliodas made him let go of the blade not giving him the chance to lick the blood.

The battle came to a halt giving both sides a little break.

"I don't know why but the effect on me... Wore off faster than the other two" I said stopping midway to regain my breath.

"Blood type. Your quirk depends on the blood type right? " Meliodas guessed.

"Oh? What makes you think that?"

"Simple. The balde's shape is to cut easily but not deeply(I'm making this up)" I looked at him in awe. How does he know that?

"Todoroki, you are losing too much blood" Stated Zeldris looking at Todoroki's arm.

"We will attack at close range you can support us" I told him. We can't have him passing out for bloodloss.

"Sound about right" He answered "We are going to protect them" When he said that, a confident smile appeard in my face and I'm almost certain the brothers were smiling too.

The fight started again and it went on for a few second that felt like an eternity. Stain paralyzed me again leaving the brothers alone. He slipped past them to attack Todoroki and when he was about to cut him Lida stood and broke the katakana Stain regained somewhere along the way with a powerful kick making the anti-hero stand back.

"I'm sorry for getting you involved" Lida said looking down "I'm not letting you get hurt anymore because of me. But I'm not stopping either"He stopped raising his head" Because if I do Ingenium dies"

The fight started again, we were overwhelming the villain until Stain's fighting style changed as if he was moving on pure instincts. Lida, Todoroki and I couldn't follow his movements as he became unpredictable, but the brothers somehow followed his rhythm in an impressive demonstration of power. Coordinating perfectly without sparing him for a second.

I saw an opening, and so did the others. We attached simultaneously connected three fists and a kick in the man's body and so Stain lost. Binding him just in case we exited the alley, Zeldris dragging the anti-hero.

Grand Torino arrived with more pro heroes connecting a kick in my face and scolding me for getting involved in the trouble. Lida began apologizing to all of us with tears in his eyes, the two brothers looked amusingly uncomfortable as Lida bowed begging for forgiveness but the nice moment was cut short.

"Crouch!" Grand Torino screamed. A flying nomu came from the sky and started to drag me away with blood dripping from it's eye socket. The thing suddenly fell letting me go and making me fall too, still in the air I looked up the nomu as a knife pierced it's head. Stain... Why? The anti-hero caught me and landed gracefully.

Endeavor arrived, when he spotted the nomu and Stain he was about to attack but a wave of bloodlust came from the assassin. It was so powerful everyone froze in place, even Endeavor. And so for the fist time in my life I experienced what real terror is like.

"Another arrogant" He said with a raspy voice. As terrified as I was, I'm sure I wasn't the only one "The copy must be rectified. Someone must bath in your blood" He stepped forward making everyone step backwards at the invisible pressure "The word hero must be restored" Another step foward and more steps backwards "Come and try fakers!" His voice filled with poison and his eyes promising nothing but death. "The only one who can kill me...!" The volume raising with every word taking one more step as all the air in place disappeared and everyone became too scared to move anymore. One of the heros that arrived with Torino, a woman stumbled back sitting on the floor shaking uncontrollably as pale as paper "IS ALL MIGHT!" He stopped. Just like that. The pressure instantly vanishing.

"He's... Unconscious" Said Torino, his voice shaking. Todoroki and Meliodas stumbled back too.

Only after a few minutes we could move, Zeldris still scared himself ran toward Meliodas who was more shaken than everyone else for some reason, Endeavor did the same with Todoroki although it didn't help the latter much.

Later I found out that a couple of broken ribs pierced Stain's lungs when he was walking almost dying on spot.

_______________________________________

No one's pov:

The kids were taken to a hospital, the three humans were in worst shape than the demons, the brothers with a few superficial wounds. A dog man arrived at the hospital room where the five were staying, he was the police chief of the district. He informed them that they broke a rule by hurting people with their quirks without permission. However he forgave them, even thanked them, because it was thanks to them that they caught the hero-hunter.

Lida received news from his exams, his left arm had chances of permanent damage. The mood fell in the place until Todoroki with a serious face said that he believed to have a hand-crushing energy because whenever he was involved people ended up with their hands hurt. The other 4 kids burst into laughter, trust growing in the group.

And the demon brothers for the first time had a simple and casual conversation with someone that wasn't their new parents. Feeling confident enough to call the others as... Friends.

I tried a different pov this time, home you liked it!