Chapter Thirty : Hero

Meliodas' pov:

After we got changed we returned to help with lunch, I helped with things such as getting the table ready while Zeldris gave a hand with the cooking and soon enough everything was ready. We shared the food with the pussy cats that now were four as another women arrived along side a tall intimidating guy with his own ridiculous outfit, I was eating when I saw the kid Kouta going away. I've really become a softy... I spoke to Zel a simple "Be right back" and silently followed the spiky haired kid. After walking for a couple of minutes we arrived to a rock plataform in a close mountain and he sat with a sad look.

"What are you doing here?" He turned his head sharply in my direction a bit startled not expecting my presence and frowned.

"What are you doing here?" I laughed a bit muttering "Touche" and walked in his direction until I was only a few inches away, I stretched a hand with a plate of food for him to take it.

"Eat" He looked at the plate then me offended for a second and turned away again.

"I don't want your shitty food" He snarled, I flicked his forehead softly "Ouch! What was that for?!" He exclaimed rubbing the abused place with one of his tiny hands.

"Don't be stubborn, you shouldn't skip meals at your age" He looked at the offered food for a couple of seconds before snatching the plate from my hand, I sat besides him as he ate angrily.

"Why are you still in my secret base?" He asked with the same rude and cold voice, I chuckled and leaned back slightly supporting my body with my arms. Secret base, huh? I guess that's a kid's thing to do.

"I'm too tired to return right away" An obvious lie but a good excuse, he clenched his teeth far from amused at my attitude.

"Getting so excited for strengthening your quirks, pathetic" He angrily muttered apparently remembering something, I stayed silent for a second thinking. I see, so that's what's going on.

"Your parents were the water horses right?" His eyes widened and tears threatened to fall meaning I hit the spot, he opened his mouth to speak and I could tell what he was going to complain about" Mendelei told me about the circumstances of their death so I guessed it by the context, I remember seeing it in the TV, it was quite a tragedy" He looked away probably crying.

"Fuck you. You're all crazy, calling yourselves heroes and villains while killing each other, no wonder they ended up dead" He said with gritted teeth, the way his voice broke midway betraying his attempt to intimidate. Geeze, this kid despises this world's society and I don't blame him, but he's mistaken. From what I've learned since we arrived is that to fight quirks you need quirks and it's all a twisted loop. Villains, no matter the intentions behind their actions, use their powers in the wrong way and heroes use their owns to fight the villains, it's a never-ending cycle.

"I agree with you. This is stupid" He turned in my direction confused and just like I thought, there were tears in his eyes "But without heroes the villains would have free pass to do whatever they want and bring chaos" I stood from the floor dusting my clothes a bit, and he looked down thinking about my words "I think I understand why you're hurt, specially considering the way things ended, but don't forget that what they did was to make this world safer, so you, their beloved son, can walk through the streets without fear" He looked at me with his eyes wide "I don't expect you to understand right away, but think about it alright?" I said with a kind smile and patting his head before walking back to the building and hoping there is still any food left.

_______________________________________

No one's pov:

The rest of the day went on without a problem and so did the next one, at least until close to nightfall. A dramatic scene happened when a new activity was announced but the ones that failed in some subjects had to leave with Aizawa to do reinforcements class. When the activity started, the class 1-B went to hide in the forest while the class 1-A got separated in pairs to later go into the woods too, the brothers were paired together by Aizawa's request and so they walked silently until...