Chapter Six: Adapting

No one's pov:

As soon as the demon brothers accepted to become kids once again, the two humans officially adopted the demons and registered them with the age of 10 and 11.

Shota would go to work while Hizashi homeschooled the kids.

After a few months the two felt completely comfortable with the humans to the point Meliodas once jokingly called Shota 'Dadzawa'.

Dadzawa once during dinner asked Meliodas about the nightmare he had the first night they arrived as well as other times he heard cries during the night. Meliodas although a little hesitant explained a bit, not before mentioning that the other times they heard cries it wasn't him but rather Zeldris, surprising the humans.

He told them how the Demon King trained him during his youth with questionable methods, not giving much details though. And how he was grateful for being his favorite because he barely ever touched Zeldris.

The humans were happy they managed to open a little about it. Zeldris himself explained that his own nightmares were about the day Gelda died, or about Meliodas getting killed by their father and being left alone.

The older as kind and caring as he was, he had the bad habit of bottling his emotions to not worry the others. An example being the fact that he didn't mentioned that he also often had nightmares about his father's training sessions almost always followed by panic attacks. Zeldris himself didn't know because Meliodas always managed to stay silent enough as to not wake him.

This episode however helped the four of them take a step closer to becoming a family.

Years passed. Their bodies aging at human speed until they reached their previous appearance. And the demons adapted completely to this new world, well... Almost. Technology and traditions leaving the equation. The only thing left was the people. Whenever they had to speak with someone that wasn't part of the family they were bold, cold and rude. They couldn't trust people easily. Especially when apart from their current dads no one in this world gave them enough reasons to and very few did in their own world.

As fast learners they soon knew everything they needed to know at their age with the help of Hizashi's lessons.

In the present Meliodas reached 15 and Zeldris 14 years old and today is the day they are doing the U.A entrance exams.

_______________________________________

Meliodas' pov:

We were sitting in a huge room filled with hundreds of chairs each one of them with someone sitting.

Humans were chatting, the place really noisy until Zashi stepped in the scenario, as soon as he did Zel and I covered our ears with our hands so at least they wouldn't bleed.

"WELCOME TO MY SHOW!" He of course screamed using his quirk. "EVERYONE SAY HEY!" I had to hold a snort when the place went completely silent.

"NOW I'LL TELL YA HOW THIS GOES! ARE YOU READY?!" Once again complete silence. Except...

"Oh my god that's the voice hero 'Present Mic'" A kid whispered behind us "I hear him in the radio every week, this is amazing! U.A teachers really are pro heros!"

"Shut up" Whispered-screamed another kid behind us.

Zashi explained how the practical test worked but I didn't really payed attention because we already knew. Though I could hear the two kids behind murmur to each other and it was starting to get on my nerves.

"Excuse me, can I make a question?!"A guy sitting ahead of us stood up and asked as loud as possible to match Zashi's volume interrupting him in the process. "In the flyer there are 4 types of villains and you only mentioned three! A mistake such as this is unacceptable! The reason why we are here is because-"He was saying while moving one of his hand up and down looking almost robotic. This kid's stupidity, his lack of respect to our dad and my previous annoyance made me lose my patience.

"Oh shut up!" I said loud enough for him to hear me showing my anger in every word. The brat turned around sharply and threw me an 'intimidating' look. Good luck scaring a demon.

"Excuse me, I will not accept such disrespect-"

"The only one showing disrespect here it's you. He was just about to explain that but you didn't let him finish!" Said Zeldris this time. I could tell he was just as pissed.

Zashi cleared his throat calling everyone's attention again.

"The fourth type gives 0 points. Its just an extra obstacle so you are free to avoid it!" Zashi explained looking at the two of us. I smiled and gave him a wink. The robot kid sat down again his face with a light blush of embarrassment.

Zeldris got separated from me so we couldn't team up. Not like we needed to. And we were taken to the artificial district to start the exam. It was easy really. I took down the robots without a problem trying not to rush, saved a few asses in the way and soon enough it was over.

I met with him again later and left the building. Outside we enconter our dads and made our way home.

_______________________________________

After a few days the letters arrived and we were accepted obviously. In the U.A.

The first day of school arrived. We got in the car with our dads early in the morning and made it there a little earlier.

We entered our classroom and Oh god you can't be serious...

The robot kid was there while scolding another one for having his feet over his table. I recognized the latter's voice as one of the two murmuring behind us. This is going to be a pain...

We ignored those two and walked to the back of the classroom and sat next to each other. We didn't do much, just watching with amusement the ruckus these kids made. After a few minutes another kid came in and Is this some kind of joke? I recognize the voice ef the other kid murmuring.

Either way we just ignored them. Soon enough a girl arrived and stood by the doors while speaking to the green haired guy.

"If you're searching for friends please do it somewhere else" A voice from behind the girl said. Dadzawa is here!

Everyone looked at him with shock but Zel and I smirked in his direction.

"I'm your assigned teacher Shota Aizawa"
He said with that bored uninterested voice I'm so used to by now. He raised a hand showing the P.E uniform "Now go put this on"

_______________________________________

The campus was filled with pretty cool things made for training.

"Bakugo. Which is your record throwing the ball?" Dadzawa asked to the guy the robot kid scolded.

"67 meters" He said sounding annoyed.

"Now try using your quirk" He threw Bakugo a ball for him to try. As he did some sort of explosions came from his hand. Dadzawa held something in his own that beeped. He showed it to the class and Bakugo.

"That's how far you go" The screen said 705. 2 meters.

"That's so cool!"

"705 meters?! No way!"

"Can we really use our quirks like that?!"

"I wanna do it too!"

Almost the whole class said with excitement with a few exceptions, Zel and I between them.

"So you were expecting to spend your time here having fun?" Dadzawa said with a cold intimidating tone. I like where this is going. "Very well then. There is a new rule, the student with the worst results will be expelled!" What a weird way to motivate them dad.

"What?!"

"No way!"

"That's what freedom is in U.A. Welcome to the hero department! " Shota said lifting his bangs with one hand, a big smirk in his face and activating his quirk to scare the kids.