Chapter Twenty One : Fairy Tale

No one's pov:

A week passed and Meliodas wasn't ready to return to school yet, this isn't a fairy tale so it's impossible to erase centuries of traumas in a day, but he was a lot better. The panic attacks decreased greatly and he doesn't flinch at everything anymore. He's been sleeping far better too, because Zeldris cuddles with him and it makes the blonde feel a little childish but safe.

In fact the progress was so great, Aizawa is considering sending him to school in a few more days. However he may need a little longer to join P.E. and all the physical stuff. The blonde is still a little hesitant with returning as he doesn't know how will he and the others react.

The kids at school are really worried, a few more than the others, Mineta specially. He tried talking with Aizawa hoping to get a few ideas on how to make up with Meliodas and avoid getting killed by Zeldris when they return. At first he considered doing something with the entire class like a sort of welcome but he decided it was better to just apologize personally, because he thought it wasn't a good idea to do something big and call everyone's attention and make them feel uncomfortable. Not after what happened.

The rest of the class excepting a couple of kids already forgave him as they saw he felt genuinely guilty.

Aizawa mentioned them that they may return soon and everyone cheered, they wanted them to go to the summer training too. But he forgot to mention an important detail.

It was early in the morning before class, there were a bunch of kids in the classroom. Todoroki, Mineta, Kaminari, Yaoyorozu, Lida, Midoriya and Hagakure.

Todoroki, Midoriya and Lida were talking in Lida's desk and the girls were sitting in the teacher' desk.

"Man, the finals are coming soon and I haven't studied anything" Kaminari was in Mineta's desk talking to him, he is one of those that forgave the kid plus they've always been good friends.

"You say that but I'm sure you won't" The conversation was interrupted by the sound of the door opening, they all turned casually to the door, not expecting anything. Great was their surprise when a black haired demon crossed the frame, and the surprise was even greater when they saw he was alone for the first time.

"Morning" Zeldris said silently with a not too exited face that changed when he saw Mineta as he threw him a death glare but said nothing and went to his usual spot.

The classroom was frozen definitely not expecting the turn of events. After shamelessly staring at the demon for a whole minute the first one to move was Midoriya, leaving his conversation with the other two for another time.

"Zeldris! It's so good to see you!" Said the green haired with a wide smile and eyes shining with happiness.

"Good to see you too Midoriya" He managed a genuine smile, happy that he had such good friends.

"Zeldris..." Murmured Yaoyorozu with a smile of her own, they barely ever talked but the girl's kind nature had her worried for the brothers.

Mineta didn't know what to do, he wanted to apologize but he wasn't sure if it was the right moment. After giving it a little thought while the demon spoke with Midoriya, he decided. Its now or never. He stood up and walked to the demon's direction Deku as smart as he is took notice of this and with a quick 'later' to Zeldris he left to give them some space.

"Zeldris..." The demon didn't answer, he just looked at him with the same death glare from before. "I'm... I'm sorry" He looked down. Zeldris wasn't really surprised, he kind of expected this. But his look didn't soften in the slightest.

After a few seconds of silence Mineta looked up hearing an annoyed exhausted sigh.

"It's not me you have to apologize to."His face, still showed annoyance and anger. He knew Mineta felt guilty, Aizawa told him, but that didn't make him any less angry. Even if it wasn't his intention, he hurt Meliodas, badly, and he couldn't forgive that so easily, much less after he found out Meliodas thought so low of himself because of that. Not after seeing him crumble the way he did. That day is something Zeldris doesn't want to see ever again.