Chapter Fourteen : Name

No one's pov:

Two days after the festival in a rainy morning, the brother's were in the bus with Aizawa making their way to the school. The human was finally able to take off the bandages but his eyes were still healing so he couldn't drive just yet. They were silent until a clicking sound and a flash called their attention.

The kids turned to look at the origin of the distraction and found a random human using the camera of his phone on them.

"I'm sorry but you two are the demon brothers right?! From the hero department?!" The demons looked blankly at the human blinking a few times until the older one nodded.

"You did amazing in the festival! And the fight between yourselves was definitely the best!" Another human said sounding just as excited as the other.

"To be in the first place! Damn that's insane"

"You two really are a little short, is not a bad thing though!"

"Ah I remember the old times!"

"You mean the old despair!"

Humans kept on rambling at the boy's that were frozen in place, throwing occasional nervous glances to their father who simply stood there with a tiny proud smile.

When they arrived Finally to the school everyone was talking about how amazing it was to be recognized by random people. The two demons however wished for that to never happen again. As soon as they entered the classroom, the attention was directed to them. Ignoring it they sat down like usual, the kids making comments about Aizawa now that he was without bandages again.

"Now its time for you to have your hero names" The classed cheered with excitement "This is related to the nomination I mentioned. Normaly it's more balanced but this year the attention was focused on four of you" He clicked a remote control and a bar graph appeard on the slate. Everyone's name was written on it, while some bars were literally nonexistent the bars on the side of Meliodas, Zeldris, Todoroki and Bakugo were far bigger than the other's. Todoroki on the first place.

"Damn the favoritism" Cursed Kaminari at the huge difference.

"Those pros are blind" Said Aoyama.

"As expected from Todoroki..."Said Yaoyorozu

"That's for because of my father, not because of me" Said the half and half definitely not excited.

"Don't worry because I'll make sure even those without nomination get field experience, even though you already had a real experience" Said Aizawa.

"Names you'll choose! Names the world will learn! Names of future pros!" The hero Midnight spoke as she entered the room.

"Miss Midnight here will evaluate your names" Said Aizawa while preparing his sleeping bag.

_______________________________________

Meliodas' pov:

The kids started creating names, most of them were ridiculous while others werent that bad.

I myself was having a hard time choosing a name. What was I supposed to choose?

"I know" Zeldris said on my side, he wrote something in the paper. When he was done he gave it to me so I could read it.

"Why?" We wanted to move on so why would he chose something that reminds us of everything we left behind? Specially the bad part.

"We came here to start again..." He started, a sad smile forming in his face, the green focused in his hands"But I don't want to forget who I was" He looked up to me, the green eyes shining with something I couldn't quite name "Because even if it hurts to remember, it still is and will always be a part of me" He's right...

Making my mind I wrote something in my own paper, something that will be a reminder of my past self, a reminder of the way my life changed forever. A name that only Zeldris and I can fully understand.

Raising our hands we stood in the front together holding the papers for the world to see. Hakaisha(Destroyer) and Shokeinin(Executor).

"Oh how interesting! I'll give you an eight! Any particular reason for the names?" Asked Midnight to us before we could go back to our seats.

"Yeah... There is" I said softly, a little nostalgic smile in my face. Not caring about the wide eyes directed to my action. Really though? Its just a smile and I'm pretty sure I've smiled before. We walked back to our seats and waited for the rest of the class to choose.

_______________________________________

Aizawa gave the ones that received nominations a list with all of them, among them I found one that caught my attention.

"Hey Zel. Look at this" I moved the paper sheet closer to him and pointed a certain name.

"Yeah, I noticed" He said mirroring my actions.

Todoroki Enji. Hero name: Endeavor
Nominations: Todoroki Shoto, Aizawa Zeldris, Aizawa Meliodas.

Between all our nominations that one had the best reputation and so our best option, Endeavor is the number two hero after all. The only thing keeping us from choosing it is what we heard during the festival, after a while discussing this out with Zeldris we agreed to ask our dads' opinion later that day.

"Meliodas, Zeldris..." Just when we were about to leave the classroom a voice stopped us. Turning around, it was Todoroki.

"Todoroki? Is there something you need?" I asked trying to sound friendly, again, trying.

"You see, I'm planning to accept my father's nomination. But I don't want to go there alone so..." He looked down terribly uncomfortable and, much to our surprise, embarrassed "I was wondering if... You'd go.... With... Me" He said, his voice going softer and softer becoming almost a whisper.

"Uhhhhh" Zeldris said(?) Obviously embarrassed too and confused.

"Well.... Why not?... I guess" I looked over to Zeldris with a questioning glance to confirm it with him.

"Y-yeah sure?"

And just like that our agreement got tossed our of the window.

_______________________________________

The nomination started, we were in Todoroki's father agency. This guy is more intimidating up close...

Endeavor was looking down on us, and in a way, it reminded me a lot to our father. The intimidating look, the towering figure looking down on everyone and the deep disappointed tone in his voice.

But he's still nothing compared to that monster so ot was easy to ignore, we were 'practicing' with him and other heroes from the agency. The first two days we got to know Todoroki a little bit, he's a good guy but putting three socially awkward person to talk? Takes time. The third day came, it was mostly normal but suddenly.

"Shoto, Meliodas, Zeldris, something happened so we are going out. Get ready to see the real thing" We looked at each other and followed the number two hero.

We were running through the streets until a ringing sound came from Todoroki's pocket. He took the phone earning a scolding from Endeavor but he ignored him. Todoroki halted and so did us, he turned around and went to the exact opposite direction from Endeavor after saying 'Follow me' to Zeldris and I, we looked at each other confused but complied anyways.

"Where are you going Shoto?!"

"If you see any other heros tell them to go to an alley in Ekou street 4-2-10. A friend of mine may be in trouble, I'm sure you can take care of this in a second" He said the last part with a little of sarcasm and mockery.

"Where are we going?" Asked Zel.

"Midoriya sended me a direction but nothing more, I guessed he's asking for help" He said while we ran through the streets "We are almost there so get ready"