Chapter Twenty Five: Finals

No one's pov:

The kids didn't know what to think about what they just saw, but they were very aware of how confused it left them.

The brothers had a verbal fight for the first time and in a completely different lenguage, they saw when Meliodas had a panic attack and how the two of them purred while hugging each other!

The rest of the day went on and the two acted like that conversation never happened making the others wonder if such a thing happens often. Without answers or the full story as they couldn't understand a thing they said, they ended up with even more questions.

After school they talked for a while and agreed to do just like the brothers, act like it never happened. Like they never heard Meliodas talking about a certain him giving him 'Lessons'  with a scared tone. Like they never heard Zeldris trying to convince the blonde that he wasn't weak or useless or a coward. But they also agreed to never forget what they heard or saw. Specially the purring! (sorry I had to lighten the mood a little) And maybe someday they will be able to do something about it.

______________________________

One more week passed, and Meliodas kept getting better, the brothers met Yaoyorozu a few more times and soon they caught up with everyone else. The school days went on normally and the blonde joined the physical exercises again, his self-esteem growing little by little.

They were just two weeks away from the summer vacations so everyone started to give their everything to get good grades, the brothers too helped some of their classmates in their studies.

The demon brothers were having lunch with Midoriya, Todoroki, Lida, Uraraka, Tsuyuu and Hagakure in the café.

"We shouldn't have much of a problem with the written test because everything in there was taught in class but..." Midoriya said, they all were talking about the finals "It's scary to not know anything about the practical test" They all thanked for the food before the conversation continued.

"Nothing too crazy I hope" Said Lida as they started eating.

"It's our dad we are talking about, crazy is his last name" Said Meliodas chuckling a little and Zeldris nodded in agreement.

"Aizawa sensei said it'll be a summary of everything in the semester" Spoke the invisible girl.

"He gave us the essays of combat and rescue, but apart from that, it was mainly basic exercises" Mentioned Uraraka as she held her chin remembering Aizawa's words.

"So we have to study for the written test, maintain our body in the best of conditions and train simultaneously" Said the green haired kid with an exhausted sigh.

"Man what a pain... But I'm sure we'll be fine-" Meliodas was interrupted when he felt pain in the back of his head, turning around-

"Oh I'm sorry! You are so short I didn't see you there!" The brothers were completely frozen in place feeling absolutely offended at the guy's statement. The first one to move was Zeldris.

"The only one short here it's gonna be you when I break your fucking legs!" He stood up quickly fuming because the guy not only called them short but he also elbowed Meliodas. The older noticed this and ignoring the offense and the elbow, stood too catching Zeldris' fist just an inch before it met the other's face, he gave the arm a bit of a twist and locked it behind the younger's back to immobilize it and rounding the black haired's neck with his own free arm.

"Damn it Zeldris calm down for second!" The only response the blonde got was a growl and more threats directed to the guy, the rest of the table sweatdropped at the younger's non-heroic statement. Still holding his brother Meliodas recognized him as Monoma from the class B.

"I heard you guys found the hero hunter! You all really are hogging the spotlights since the festival, even if it is a problem, aren't you class A?!" Everyone looked at him with a 'Wtf' expression, even Zeldris stopped struggling from the weirdness and Meliodas hold loosened.

"Ah I'm scared! One day you may involve us and get us hurt! How scar-" His eyes rolled to the back of his head and fell to the floor unconscious with a loud thud, the responsible was a girl that hit him in the neck.

"Sorry for that class A, this guy is... Well you know" She spoke.

"Kendou!" Lida said recognizing her.

"Either way, I heard you mentioned not knowing what the practical test was about. It's going to be like the entrance exam with robots and all" She said kindly.

"What?! Really?! How do you know?!" Said exited and curious Midoriya.

"Someone older told me" She smiled at everyone in the table, the brothers were still standing. However she was surprised and maybe a little startled when the green haired kid began mumbling to himself al lightning speed about how he didn't thought about asking someone older or how the teachers probably wanted them to train their researching abilities by not telling them what the test was.

"Idiot... Now that we finally had the advantage..." Spoke the semi conscious Monoma earning another angry growl, curses and threats from Zeldris that, when he remembered his anger, tried to escape his brother's hold but failed when Meliodas tightened it out of reflect.

"It's not a competition" The girl said dragging the crazy guy and leaving the group silent for a few seconds only with the angry sounds the demon made.

"Ow!" Meliodas exclaimed letting go of Zeldris when he bit the arm in his neck "Why did you do that?!" He said rubbing the attacked place.

"That's for not letting me break his legs" Zeldris crossed his arms with a huff and sat again, the blonde followed while muttering an 'idiot'.

______________________________________

"Really? Just robots?!" Said Mina after they all heard what happened at lunch from Hagakure "It'll be like a walk in the park then!" She continued and a few other kids cheered.

"Who cares if they are people or robots, its all the same if you throw them away" Said Bakugo, interrupting the good mood. The demons snorted at the human's attitude not really disagreeing. The explosive blonde turned to Midoriya and gave him a war declaration.

"I will annihilate you!" He said pointing the green haired kid with his index finger before turning around slightly towards Todoroki "Same goes for you half and half idiot!" Finished Bakugo leaving the room.

No one in the place was aware that a certain emo-dad was hearing everything.

______________________________________

More time passed and the kids got ready for the finals, after days and nights studying and training the written tests arrived and things worked surprisingly good for everyone. Even though the results weren't there just yet it was one weight less in their shoulders, specially for the ones that had more trouble with the grades.

The next step was finally the practical test, however none of them was preapered for what was about to hit them.

This one is a bit shorter bit enjoy the peace while it lasts 😉