Chapter Five: Family

Meliodas pov:

I woke up without a nightmare this time thankfully, stood up and made my way towards the window in our bedroom, moved the curtains and looked outside. It was around six in the morning considering the sun position.
I barley had any rest during the night. I had a terrible nightmare about our poor excuse of a dad, woke up with a panic attack, fell asleep after a whole hour trying to shake the imaginary pain the dream-memory left in my body and woke up again after another hour so... Yep. Didn't rest at all.

Making up my mind I went to our bathroom and after a few minutes trying to figure how it worked I took a shower. Washing the sweat from the panic attack and massaging my muscles with the heated water. Bathing properly for the first time since Zel and I escaped from the demon realm leaving the luxuries of royalty behind.

I got out of the shower, dried myself with a towel from the hanger and stepped out of the bathroom again. Zeldris was sitting in the bed rubbing his eyes Did I woke him?

"Morning Zel!" I said as cheerfully as I could, the images of last night's nightmare still fresh in my mind.

"Good morning brother" He smiled sweetly at me, that and his tired younger face made him look kinda cute. "I see you figured that thing" He said, his right hand motioning toward the bathroom door behind me.

"Yeah! Want me to show you?"

_______________________________________

After an hour Zeldris left the bathroom too, I had gotten dressed with the fresh clothes in our new closet and so did he as soon as he got out.

We left the room, the humans didn't seemed to be awake just yet. Searching for something to do I remembered that yesterday while scouting I found a little box with cards on the inside. I went to find it and opened it, inside apart from the cards there was a big folded paper. After reading what apparently were instructions I recognized the cards. I saw humans in stigma using them to play poker was it? I read the instructions a few more times and when I was completely sure of how it worked I asked Zeldris to play with me.

We sat on the dining table and spent quite some time playing. I got to learn that Zeldris sucks at these kind of games because I won every single one.

"Looks like you're having fun!" I let out an absolutely manly yelp to the loud voice and turned around sharply to find the blond human Hizashi I think? Leaning on the hallway wall with a cocky grin.

I heard a snort from Zeldris' direction. Of course he wasn't startled. After all he was facing towards the hallway and knew for sure the human was there and didn't told me. Only then I noticed that even after the earlier relaxing shower I was still pretty tense. Probably part of the reason why he managed to caught me off guard. I returned to our game and acted as if I didn't just yelp because of a human.

"Yeah we are" I said with a tone that contradicted my words.

"Glad to hear that!" Said Hizashi as loud as before.

Now that I was paying more attention I heard steps making it's way closer. So Shota is awake.

_______________________________________

Shota's pov:

We were all having breakfast in the table and so I decided it was now or never.

"Where are you from?" I asked quite casually. Meliodas opened his mouth to speak but Zeldris beat him.

"It doesn't matter" He said in a not too friendly way.

"I think it does. Why else you would look at everything like you've never seen it before?" I know I'm contradicting my words and rushing this but if they're going to live with us it's only fair we know that.