Chapter Twenty Seven: Shopping

This chapter will be a little different, you'll see why. Also, I hope you had a great Christmas!

Meliodas pov:

How noisy...

I was sitting in my desk with Zeldris at my side like always, using one of my elbows as support I layed my head in my hand. It appears not everyone approved the finals and those certain kids were making a ruckus noisier than usual in the classroom. Why didn't Dadzawa tell them everyone is going to the forest anyway?

I simply ignored them as much as I could not really thinking about anything in particular, the past week has been really peaceful and I guess I should be happy right now but... I'm not. Of course it's to be expected for me to not feel perfectly fine, I'll need a while longer for that but whether I'm happy or not, it's good to return to normal. If things were ever normal.

"Meliodas" I blinked at the call and turned to see Zeldris, he had a worried expresion in his face and called me by my name which is kind of rare. Not that I mind, it's nice to know that he's worried because it means he cares but I also don't like that he has to do so in the first place. "Are you alright?" Am I alright? I mean, I'm not feeling bad so...

"It's nothing. Why?" I said, any other time I would have smiled to him but I don't really feel like doing so, again, I don't know why, and he noticed.

"You were spacing out" Ah, so that's why he called me by my name... I closed my eyes and hummed to make as obvious as posible that I started thinking this over. There isn't any particular reason for me to be sad or anything but I'm not in the mood.

"I guess it's just not my day" I concluded and shrugged, everyone has bad days once in a while, though it's understandable it worries him. He hummed and raised an eyebrow, he didn't looked convinced at all. Before he could say anything the door slammed open and Dadzawa came inside.

Again I didn't payed much attention until the ruckus restarted with a bunch of kids shouting 'What a great turn!'. Dadzawa must have told them about the forest thing.

Forest? I wonder if there is any forest here like the fairy forest in our world, I never asked Dadzawa or Zashi about it but I doubt so. It was filled with magical creatures and it seemed to have a life of it's own, Gloxinia once said that the forest tends to kind of reject the outsiders and that if it accepts anyone inside it's for a reason. That same thing caused a little trouble in stigma, it was funny that the forest rejected people from every race, even fairies themselves, and yet it never tried anything against Zel or me.

That was a good reason why Gloxinia trusted us when most didn't. Drole liked us too, he had the habit of making the worst jokes and puns I've heard unlike the serious impression he gave at first sight. Then there was Rou, the same day he arrived he approached us and asked if we were demons, much to our surprise he simply sat down and ate with us. I didn't get the chance to know him much but I'm sure we could have been good friends, it's like there was this weird connection.

I wonder what happened to everyone there. The commandments, Drole, Gloxinia, Rou, Gerharde, the archangels. After Derieri and Monspeet recovered consciousness when we saved them, they left and we waited for a while for Elizabeth to recover. Ludoshel appeared and told us that we had to go to a certain location to save a human village but we weren't expecting it to be a trap and encounter the two gods, I have no idea what happened to everyone afterwards or if they are even alive.

My thoughts were interrupted by someone laying a hand in my shoulder, tensing a little at first I looked to see my brother again. Looking around everyone was talking between themselves. Aren't we in the middle of a class? My gaze going to the teachers seat I saw a little of Dadzawa's sleeping bag behind the desk.

"We are in the first break" Said Zel, I blinked at him a few times. How much did I zone out? "Are you sure you're alright? " He asked again squeezing my shoulder a bit as an attempt to keep me in reality which I appreciate.

"Yeah, I told you it's just not my day" I managed a smile this time which apparently eased him a bit.

"Are you guys coming?" A different voice said, we both looked in over to it and found Kaminari and most of the class staring at us waiting for an answer.

"Coming? Where?" I asked while standing and joining the group, Zeldris close behind. The past weeks I've been feeling truly comfortable with our classmates so it wasn't as uncomfortable as it would have been to have everyone looking at us.

"Shopping!" Said the invisible girl truly excited raising her hands, I think.

"Why is that?" Said my brother not sounding excited even though he probably is, creating a contrast with the girl.

"We wanted to go to the shopping centre tomorrow to get a few things for the summer training" Said Yaoyorozu trying to stay composed but her excitement was showing anyway. I thought about it for a second. It doesn't sound bad. Maybe it'll help my strange mood.

"I have no problem but first..." I turned to our dad's direction "Dadzawa! Are there any plans for tomorrow?" I called out for him.
"No, Do whatever you want"He mumbled lowly.  Smiling a little I looked back to the others

"It's settled then! I'm going!"

"I guess I'm going too then"

________________________________________

The next day Dadzawa dropped us at the shopping center and we met the others inside. I swear what's wrong with this people?

They all looked at everything in awe like they've never seen a shopping center before, which I'm sure they have, they were talking about the actual fashion and Midoriya did his weird mumbling about how amazing were the comercial strategies stores used for going after people of every kind and age.

"Stop that, you're going to scare the kids" Ah, at least Tokoyami has a brain, I like this guy. He scolded Midoriya and tried to ease the others and maybe be a normal group of people for once.

"Hey guys look! They are from the U. A festival" A kid not much younger that 'us' recognized our group from the distance, although only a few of us noticed.

"Right now I just need to get a bag" Said Jiro to no one in particular.

"Oh? If that's the case we can go together" Said Yaoyorozu and with that the two of them left.

"I need to get a pair of new shoes" Said Kaminari and just like with the other girls Hagakure joined him and left.

"Well then how about we message later to choose an hour and rejoin?" Said Kirishima and so he left too, the group reducing greatly.

"Meliodas, Zeldris would you like to accompany us?" It was Tokoyami and strangely Mineta too but I barley heard it as my mind was up the clouds again.

"Sure!" I said without actually thinking about it snapping out of my daze and feeling one eyebrow twitch angry at myself. Idiot! This is going to be so damn awkward!

_______________________________________

It wasn't, quite the contrary. Mineta was talking to me definitely still trying to make up a little and he's actually a good guy, a little-too-much stupid and an idiot sometimes but he's kind amd cheerful. Also I'm surprise he doesn't have a hole in the back of his head with Zeldris staring at him so intensely the whole day, I glared at him once in a while as a silent scolding.

Tokoyami is also really nice, he's a quite guy and he's always with an emo aura just like Zeldris so I'm sure we can get along well. He went to buy a good pair of shoes more appropriate for a forest. We also went to get a few tools Mienta wanted and some clothes for Tokoyami, we brought some clothes for ourselves too with the money our dads gave us.

Done with everything we went to buy an ice cream, it was calm and like I thought I was indeed feeling a lot better. But things are never that easy for me are they? A loud alarm echoed in the center and a female voice said that a villain was located inside and that they had to close, no one was allowed to leave. After a while we found Lida and together we searched for the others, not too long after we found out that Shigaraki, the hands guy Zeldris mentioned once with an obvious killing intent, almost killed Midoriya right then and there. The good day ending with the wrong feet.