Chapter Nineteen : Sick

Meliodas' pov:

I felt absolutely terrible.

That night I started having a nightmare. Just like I thought. But for some reason, it vanished as fast as it came.

Then I woke up with and annoying sound strangely tired, considering I slept through the whole night, and a deadly headache, I stood and went to the kitchen following the smell of fried eggs taking the responsible of disturbing my slumber, Zeldris' phone, with me and holding onto the wall stumbling all the way as the dizziness refused to leave my system.

I found Zel making breakfast in the kitchen, I lied a little when he asked me 'How did you sleep' and handed him his phone. I sat down on the sofa yawning and tracking him with my eyes as he prepared breakfast until he reached the fridge, he took the milk and I gave an obvious flinch, No way in hell I'm drinking any white fluid after yesterday's event. A shiver moving through my body remembering how I had to relieve the first time father touched me like that.

He stopped however, leaving the milk and taking the juice instead. A sigh leaving my mouth before I could stop it. He went over to pour the glasses and called out for me to have breakfast. When I stood, something happened. I felt... Weird. It felt like my thoughts were ripped out of my head, unable to focus on anything at all, I couldn't tell if this was real or not for some reason and it felt so wrong.

My mind went blank and just walking from the couch to the table seemed to need a hell lot of concentration. When I sat down I began wondering What the heck is going on with me? It's like I couldn't feel anything at all, the dizziness disappeared when whatever this is started, and so did the headache, I wasn't tired anymore, I wasn't scared anymore, It's like I wasn't even there anymore. My clouded thoughts were interrupted by Zeldris, his voice echoing in the fog.

I managed to distinguish him asking 'Not going to eat?' with way too much effort I said-well, tried to say 'I'm not hungry' between my confusion I could tell that not eating would only worry him more so with greater effort I continued saying 'But I guess I should'. My body moved to grab a sliced bread and brought it to my mouth Now this is really weird. I could tell that I ate the bread but it had no flavor, worst, I couldn't even feel it in my hand. I'd like to say I panicked but not even that seemed to work. I had two short conversation with my brother, a few minutes of pause in between, but this time I wasn't the one to answer, instead it was a sort of autopilot.

Right after the second conversation I looked down, my gaze meeting the glass of juice, and after managing a little more concentration, a face. It was my damn reflection, so why in the world I had to wonder who that was? The fact that I needed a few seconds to recognize my own face frightened me, that being the first thing that pushed me back. The next thing I did was to focus on the flavor of bread still in my mouth and the cold wodden table in my hands. And with a couple of minutes I was finally back to reality. The dizziness, the headache, the tiredness, the fear, it all returned and hit me like a bucket of freezing water. Frowning and shuddering at the feelings.

Nausea and coldness joined everything else and I felt sick, clenching my hands and swallowing to stop the bile from getting through my throat I stood up and mumbled the best I could an 'I'm going to take a nap' to Zeldris and left to our room. The overwhelming sensations were slowing me down making it hard to move, but at last I reached the bed, laying on my side and covering my wrongly cold body with the warm blankets.

Moving around for a few minutes trying to find a comfortable position I finally managed to fall asleep, hoping to wake up feeling at least a little better.

But no. I felt even worse.

I woke up with a voice calling my name and a warm hand shaking me a little, my eyelids felt heavy but I forced them open. Instantly regreting my decision feeling sick when the world around me started spinning so I closed them again, the voice kept calling for me and now a little less sleepy I recognized it as Zeldris'.