Chapter forty nine: Family issues

No one's pov:

Meliodas was walking through the school with Eri on his shoulders as she looked happily to everything around, unable to keep the smile off his own face. The younger demon walking by his side with fresh clothes as his previous ones were roughed up and dirty. They saw nearby Midoriya getting scolded by All Might for worrying him, something the blond also wanted to discuss with Zeldris later.

"Zeldris!" They heard a growl behind, and both looked back to see hound dog walking their way with loud thumps, ectoplasma just beside. Zeldris made an annoyed face as the tall man approached his muzzled mouth a bit too much to him "Don't you dare think you made the right choice! It's true you weren't hurt and that the festival went on, but if you're going to get in trouble you have to count with us too! Protecting peace is also our duty!"

"Yes sir" Answered the demon without much excitement, his mood quite low, something that didn't go unnoticed by Meliodas.

"What's with that long face?! The festival isn't over yet, go and have fun!" The hero threw a punch to him that Zeldris barley managed to dodge with slightly wide eyes at the suddenness of it. The dog-man turned around and left to talk with Midoriya now, him and all might watching the exchange curious "All might!" The brothers sweatdropping when the hero completely forgot how to talk and started to bark and growl at the retired number one hero.

__________________________________________

Later that day, the brothers with Aizawa and Mirio went to take Eri back to the hospital.

"Zeldris" The mentioned looked at his human dad "it's for you" He was a bit confused, but went to take the phone and walked out of the room.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Aizawa Zeldris, I'm ectoplasma. I called to inform you about what happened with the villain you fought earlier today" That caught his interest, nodding to himself.

"Alright, go on"

"He admitted to regret everything and is willing to rebuild his life. It's still unsure what how the police will proceed, but things look good for him" Zeldris felt relief at the news. Despite everything that happened, he knew that the man wasn't really bad, he wouldn't have turned himself in otherwise.

"I see, thanks" He ended the call and returned inside, handing the phone to Aizawa. Having yet to notice the many worried glances Meliodas would send his way since he returned from buying the rope and getting in all that trouble.

_________________________________________

After a few hours, they returned to the UA and the brothers went to their room. Zeldris threw himself on the bed with an exhausted sigh while Meliodas raised an eyebrow at his attitude.

"Are you going to explain now?" He asked, sitting on the side of the bed, Zeldris groaned and it was his turn to sigh "You couldn't possibly think that I wouldn't notice that you've been acting even grumpier" There was a while of silence before the dark haired demon spoke.

"I fought a couple of villains today" He said, voice muffled by the fabric of the bed.

"And?"

"They weren't really bad, but they were going to ruin the festival, so I had to stop them" Meliodas just waited as Zeldris took another pause "I captured the man, and the girl begged me to let go of him" Something about it sounded familiar to the blond demon, which was cleared out with the next words "Like I did with Gelda to our father...when he killed her" So that's why... "I felt so bad, but I couldn't let him get away and I saw it. I fucking saw it again" The oldest didn't need to hear any more, understanding what he meant by it. The way Zeldris' voice broke midway showed just how much it was bothering him, smiling sadly at how he gave his best to stay composed during the whole day.