Chapter Eight

Don't make a promise.. just act..

Daniel Hart

I sat down on my bed as I sighed heavily...

It's been a long day..with Anna.

Thinking about it,it makes me remember Harris.

Flashback

In a Café shop, Harris and Daniel was seated opposite each other with a coffees on the table...

"So do you like Lily?" Daniel said as he sipped a coffee..

Harris choked his cup of coffee at Daniel's question..

"What the!" Harris said

"Come on, you guys keep staring at each other," Daniel said as he turned his back and saw Lily sipping her coffee....

Lily is a young lady of seventeen, she has a thick gold wavy hair, a black eyes,a pointed nose... Lily was a really pretty girl..

As Daniel turned back only to see Harris staring at Lily in a lost way... I laughed at his reaction...

Guess I guessed right

I snapped my fingers across his face as he shaked in timid... and I scoffed at his reaction..

"I guessed right?" I said as I smirked..

"Whatever, she has a boyfriend." Harris said

"Then go for her, who doesn't like a good thing? I'm so sure she's expecting your call." I said as Harris gave me a smirk and looked at Lily...

Flashback ends

I felt the hot wet tears fill up eyes as I wiped my cheek every few seconds,a tightening in my throat and a short intake of breath...

It has been said ‘Time heals all wounds’. I do not agree. The wounds remains. In time, the mind protecting it's sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.

I laid my back on my bed as I covered myself with my duvet....as I covered my eyes to and drifted to sleep...

Dream: Don't worry, I will keep you safe from reality...

..............

I woke up with a bloodshot and swollen eyes... I went to the bathroom as I stood before the mirror opposite me, I opened the tap to wash my face....

I entered the shower as I allowed the warm water pelt my skin....

After bathing,I wore a fitted top and wore a black leather jacket on it, a black trouser and a black sneaker...

I went downstairs and saw maids working as usual but didn't see my Mom...

Thank God...I wasn't ready for long family discussion today..

I got in my car and drove to school, I really need to talk to Anna...

Anna Mark

"Page 21 would be your assignment, make sure you do it." Mrs Smith, our English teacher said as she left the class....

I close my book and went out of the class,I haven't seen Daniel since the three last periods,he supposed to be somewhere bullying or making out with blondes.....

Why I'm I even thinking about him?.At least, I'm free from his trouble...

I walked on the quiet hallway, I felt someone grabbed me by my waist as I let out a heavy gasp...

"Don't say a word, just cooperate." I heard a familiar voice whispered close to my ear...

I nodded my head in cooperation...

I mustn't die like this...

I was carried on a broad shoulders as I was taken upstairs of the school...

It was a open place and was restricted from students... I've just disobeyed the school authorities....Why do I keep failing people's instructions and promises.....

My feet touched the ground, making me realize I wasn't been carried anymore... I opened my eyes slowly as I looked up to see the person.... it's was.... Daniel

"You son of a-." I said but was cut in by Daniel...

" Language, nerd... Lately you have been a bad nerd." Daniel said as he scoffed...

" Why did you do that? you should have texted,duh." I said as I waved my phone...

" Hmm, but I called." He said as he brought his phone out and operated it as my phone rang...

Don't answer...was calling

He took my phone as I gasped....

"What are you doing?" I said as he scoffed...

"You stored me as Don’t answer.. Why?" He said as he raised his left eye brow..

"My phone,my choice of storing people on my contact list." I collected my phone in between the words...

" We need to talk." Daniel said as he changed the topic..

"If it's about Harris... it's been long I've seen him." I said like I've already known that is what he wants to talk about..

"Where?" Daniel said as he tucked his hand into pocket...

"In a coffee shop." I said as I pouted my lip...

"Harris is a Coffee Aficionado. So I don't really expect much." Daniel said as I laughed at his words...

" Aficionado, you really love using that word." I said as I laughed more making him also join

Sometimes laughing and crying are always the options left but laughing feels better right now...

We stopped laughing...

"I want to find Harris, if you could help?" Daniel said as I looked at him in a surprised way .

"Why?" I said

"Because we both have unfinished business... Please don't ask 'what unfinished business' would you help?" Daniel said as I smirked...

"Humm, I guess helping a bad boy like you isn't as bad as I thought it might be" I said as I smiled...

" It's absurd to divide people into good or bad. People are either charming or tedious." Daniel said as I smiled...

"Whatever," I said... after that there was a dead slience..

I cleared my throat.... "Do you want to go?" Daniel said like he noticed my inconvenience

"I'm having a free period." I said..

Daniel scratched the back of his head, then he brought out his phone and an earphone...

He put a earpiece in my left ear and the other in his right ear...

"What are you doing?" I said as he played a song See You Again by Charlie Puth ft. Wiz.Khalifia

"Music is your own experience, your thought, your wisdom. If you don't live it, you won't come out of your horn." Daniel said as he smiled.
I looked at him and smiled as I allowed myself to  enjoy the song.