Chapter Ten

Either you run the day, or the day runs you..

Anna Mark

The ride was great.... Daniel parked his motorbike in front of a Café... I felt a little bit dizzy though... I removed my helmet as I got down from the motorbike...my leg felt wobble on the ground making me lose balance... I felt a strong hand on my tiny waist,it was Daniel..

Nobody knows the bad are also sweet...

I shaked my thought off as I looked at him with a straight face... "You can let go now."

"Okay." Daniel said as he freed his hand from me making me fall hard... I winced in pain...

"I didn't mean that type of ‘let go’" I said as I looked at him with disbelief and all he could do was to smirk..

"Normally,when I grabbed you, You were supposed to say a Thank you" Daniel said as he tucked his hands in his pocket and sat down on his bike looking at me... I stood up and dusted my cloth...

"Why are we here?. I thought you were taking me home." I said as I folded my hands

" Too bad, I'm not your driver," Daniel said as he let out a small chuckle.. "And by the way, you didn't tell me your address." He added..

" You should have asked." I said as I stomped my feet..

" And you should also asked where I was headed?" Daniel said...

" But you-." I said but was cut in by my thoughts

Oh yeah, I should have done that.

"I'm sorry, but why was it a Café that first comes into your mind every single time we meet?" I said as he looked at me and just sighed heavily.

Like he had an answer but couldn't say it..

"No matter, how much suffering you went through, you always never wanted to let go of those memories." Daniel said as I looked at his eyes...

Deep inside, he has something he wasn't ready to share but in parables...

"Your past beats inside you like a second heart." I said as I stretched my hand ,as Daniel looked at my hand straight to me..

"What?, Why are you looking at me like that?" I said as I laughed a little..

" Surprised, are we friends now?" Daniel said as he scoffed..

" No, more like a partners with benefits." I said as I widened my smile...

Daniel scoffed, " Hmm, partners with benefits."

"Yeah, I'm helping you find Harris, you would help me with my Maths test." I said..

" Well, I didn't think about that.. Then you would tell your Dad;‘It was your hardwork’" Daniel said as I smiled to his words..

" You are as cunning a serpant and as harmless as a dove." Daniel said as I scoffed..

" What? No, I'm not like that. " I said..

" Well, everyone in school sees you as a nerd not knowing when they are close to you.You are crazy." Daniel said as he laughed in the last part of his word...

"Are you kidd-" I said but was cut in by a beep on my phone... I brought my phone out, only to see my Dad calling...

"I'm sorry." I said to Daniel as I moved a little from him...

Dad: Where are you?

Hmmm, I've to lie Anna... I thought as I breathed in and out..

Anna:Dad, I'm at school,we had extra lesson..

I lied as I looked around for only to see my Dad looking at me with a lady beside as their hands were interlock...As I gulped heavily...

"Anna." I heard Daniel calling me as he came to the scene making me hiccup...

I'm so dead today...