Chapter Thirty

If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you're allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.

Anna Mark

We kept running, when Daniel was just a inch away from me...

I can't let him win...

I increased my pace as I ran beside him as he looked at me and smirked.... And he increased his pace leaving me behind...

"Take it easy, am a lady." I mumbled under my breath..

Daniel has already arrived at Donald's coffee shop when I stopped running and started to breath endlessly....

"What's the hit?" I said still catching my breath...

"Bills on you." Daniel said as he smiled and entered the coffee shop...

"Gosh, really." I said with a hiss and entered the coffee shop...

I sat down opposite Daniel as we looked at ourselves, trying to find something to say;or maybe am trying to find something to say and also expects him to say something.....

The lady waitress came, she had a fat face, dark hair and she was tall, her name is Tiara, I knew from her tag...

"Merry Christmas Eve, what may I get you?" Tiara said with a sweet smile..

"Merry Christmas Eve to you too, I would like Cappuccino." I said with a smile...

" Espresso." Daniel said straight up as Tiara left...

I cleared my throat, as I scratched the back of my neck, trying to avoid Daniel's gaze...

"I would go for Harris tommorow." Daniel said as I looked at me...

" But tommorow is Christmas." I said as he raised up his left eye brow.

"I said, ‘I would go for Christmas tommorow’ not we... So there is no need for you to be stressed up." Daniel said..

" What do you mean by ‘I’." I said as Tiara served the coffee interrupting us..

"Enjoy." Tiara said as I gave her a thank you smile and she left.

"I don't want to put you in danger, Harris is really dangerous. I want to do this alone." Daniel said as he sipped his coffee.

" The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it, and I want to do something about it." I said

Daniel scoffed.." Oh really, you don't know where Harris is, am doing this alone."

"Every little thing about you can be a weapon, if you're clever enough, you could have only seen the least I could do." I said...

What is he saying? We started together, we are going to end together...

"Not because we started together, doesn't mean we would end together, reason that." Daniel said...

" Individually, we are one drop, just a drop but together we are an ocean... Without me, you are just a drop that no one would even notice." I said as I gave him a deadly glare...

" Anna-"

"Enough." I said, as I brought out some bills and dropped it on the table  "It's so obvious, I've had enough from you already, right? Haven't you done enough? Do you know how it feels when something you have been working so hard to get or to see but you end up not even seeing or having it We are all failures – at least the best of us are." I said as I could feel hot tears drop..

" Anna, I'm sorry, but I don't want this to happen this way." Daniel said as he folded his hands in a pleading way...

"Yeah, you don't." I said as I left the coffee shop, and wiped my tears when I got out of the coffee shop...

Nobody can hurt me without my permission., but I guess someone just did...