Chapter Twenty-Six

If you don't think about the future, you can't have one...

Anna Mark.

Memories with me..am still trying to understand..

I thought as, Daniel and I walked into the mall...

"So what do you want to do first?" Daniel said as we entered the mall, me breathing in the air which smelled nice.

"Umm, anything that looks fun." I said as Daniel smiled..

"Well,umm." Daniel said as he stretched the back of the head thinking as I let out a small laugh..

"What? Did I do anything funny?" Daniel asked..

"Not really, you actually looked funny when thinking." I said as I let out a small laugh... As he laughed also..

"How about we go to the ice cream store?" I said pointing to a ice cream at the back of us...

"Ice cream,oh." Daniel said in a low voice...

Like he was disappointed or something...

"Is something wrong?" I asked..

I added quickly, "It's actually fine, if we don't go there, we can actually go somewhere else."

"No, it's fine.. let's go.." Daniel said as he took my hand and went to the ice cream store.. We stopped at the counter when a middle-aged woman...

"Daniel." She said as she beamed into a sweet smile...

I looked at Daniel in a questioning look;does she know you?

As Daniel nodded his head understanding my eye question...

"You look all grown up, Daniel." She said...

"Thanks, Elizabeth." Daniel said..

"What would you like to order?" Elizabeth said...

"Well, I would like to have a ice crea-." I was about to talk when I was cut in..

" Sundea, ice cream sundae." Daniel said the part with a smile looking at me..

How does he know that's my favorite?

"Your order would be ready in two minutes." Elizabeth said as we went to sit down on the chair opposite each other...

"Is she the reason why you don't want to come here?" I said..

" No, I have my own reasons." Daniel said..

" Do you want to share it?" I asked as he looked at me..

"Yeah, I don't really want to hide anything from you anymore." Daniel said as I was shocked..

" Oh, why?" I asked him... He was slient for a minute..

"Because you are special, that's why and I don't think special people in my life should be kept in the dark." Daniel said...

" I don't really think it's really necessary to bring your past that hurts to people just because there special." I said as..

"Why so?" Daniel asked..

"Because turning your past to someone's secret can hurt, it's like bringing your past out and it always hurt." I said..

" Well my past is my secret and what's the mean point about the past issues,the past is always coming back and I'm going to tell you somethings about me cause, If you cannot hold me in your arms, then hold my memory in high regard.
And if I cannot be in your life, then at least let me live in your heart." Daniel said as a tears filled the brim of his eyes,as Elizabeth came with our order while Daniel moved his face to clean his tears...

"Thanks." I said to Elizabeth with a smile..

"Enjoy." Elizabeth said as she left..

"Daniel,are you okay?" I asked him as he looked at me

"I guess so." Daniel said..

"Do you want us to talk about it?" I said..as Daniel nodded his head..

" All my life, I've been scared but acted like a brave person and sometimes it actually hurts when you are weak and always act like a brave person,Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity. They seem to be more afraid of life than death, people like me." Daniel said..

" It’s okay to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something really, really brave." I said...

" Do you think so? Do you really think I'm a brave person?" Daniel said as I sighed softly and held his hand on the table...

"You are the bravest person, I've ever met in my life." I said with a smile as he also smiled...

"Thanks." Daniel said softly..

" Come on, how about a ice cream to sort all this out?" I said releasing my hands from his...

" I don't like ice cream." Daniel said..

I gasped, "Who doesn't like ice cream? I mean this is the way of life." I said looking at the ice cream..

" Because.." Daniel said.

Flashback

Five year old Daniel who giggled happily in his father's arm..

"Daddy, I want ice cream." Daniel said..

"It's late already." Daniel's Mom said as Daniel frowned...

"But I want ice cream." Daniel said as he shrugged..

"You want ice cream." Daniel's father said with a smile..as Daniel smiled...

" Yes." Daniel said as he smiled...

"Let's go get ice cream." Daniel's father said as he carried Daniel in his arms..

"But honey, it's late already." Daniel's Mom said..

"We would be back real quick." Daniel's father said as he went ahead to peck his wife on the cheek..

"Eww." Daniel said with a giggle..

"Be back in five minutes." Daniel's Mom said with a straight face..

"Okay." Daniel's father said as he went out of the house with Daniel, entered the car and start the engine....

On their way to the ice cream store while driving....

"Can't wait to see, Elizabeth." Daniel said..

"Really." Daniel's father said as he concentrated on the steering wheel...

"Yeah." Daniel said as the thunder striked...

" I didn't know it was going to rain." Daniel's father said,as the heavy rain began to fall...

The rain was fell heavily...

"Dad, look out." Daniel said as a huge trailer came in front of them...

" Daniel, hold on." Daniel's father yelled as Daniel screamed....

Flashback ends..

" That's why I don't like ice cream." Daniel said...