Chapter Twenty-One

The battles that counts aren't the ones for gold medals.

Daniel Hart

That was Lily, just by listening to her voice, but why was she running? Why is she working in a restaurant?’

A lot of thoughts ran through my mind as I chased her till she entered subway station, which was very crowded.. I kept pushing people not to miss her.. She kept running in fast pace,as a group of people passed blocking my view and making me stop..

"Excuse me." I said as I squeezed myself to get past them, but by the time, I was out,I didn't see Lily anymore...

Anna stood beside me, breathing heavily and sweating as she looked at me in a questioning look..

"I didn't get her." I said..

"Is that Lily?" Anna said still catching her breath..

"Yes." I said as I was about leave the subway station..

"No, I mean,is that Lily over there?" Anna said pointing to the stairs as I saw Lily's back running..

"Yes." I said as I held Anna's hand and started to run..

I didn't want to lose both Anna and Lily at once..

I kept running with Anna's hand interlocked with mine.. Lily ran till she came out of the subway station, leaving both of us in an open place..

"Lilly is such a great runner." Anna said as we kept on running..

I know right..

Lily ran till she entered a corner, which was actually a dead end as Anna and I stopped running.

"Lily,why were you running?" I said as Lily gave me a deadly glare...

" Why were you chasing me?" Lily said..

"You first started it by running." I said as she folded her hands under her breast..

" I don't want to have anything to do with you, after what happened between you and Harris." Lilly said

" That's what it's going on now. We need to talk." I said as she looked at me..

"About what?" Lily said like she was prepared for me..

" Harris County." I said in a slient way as she looked at me..

.........

"Harris doesn't want to see anyone,he knows in the past." Lily said as she sipped her coffee as she sat opposite me and Anna beside me in a Café.

"So am Harris's past now?" I said looking disappointed as Lily scoffed as she rolled her eyes..

" We are all Harris's past, even me." Lily said..as we both looked at ourselves in slience..

What's should be my next question?Why did Harris ignore everyone?

"So you guys broke up,why?" Anna breaking the slience as we both looked at her.

"Daniel,who is she?" Lily said looking at Anna in a disgusting way..

" She's my good friend." I said as I put my hand around her shoulder..

" I'm actually like a helper friend,we are both looking for Harris. He owes me something." Anna said as I looked at her surprised...

Does she has anything to do with Harris?.

"Hmm,we didn't actually broke up..He said he wanted to travel and he left without calling again." Lily said..

" Do you know where he is?" Anna said..

"I heard he went to Los Angeles, but now am so sure he's in Australia now." Lily said.

" What, Harris is in Australia now?" I asked as Lily nodded her head...

" Do you see him somewhere?" Anna asked as I smiled slightly..

Anna knows how to ask questions!!

"Yes,we all know, Harris is a Coffee Aficionado,so I met him at a Café." Lily said..

" Do you know the name of the Café?" I asked curiously..

"Umm, it's Pick your cup Cafe" Lily said..

" Thank you, Lily." I said as I gave her some money for the information and was about to leave with Anna..

"Daniel," Lily said as I stopped my tracks and looked at her..

"Yes." I said..

"I don't know what you both have with Harris, but if you finally meet him, please be careful, Harris is not the person he should to be anymore." Lily said as she left..

" What does she mean?" I said as I looked at Anna who was already staring at me..

" I don't know, maybe Harris is even more powerful than before." Anna said as I folded my hand and raised my left eye brow up..

"So how much does Harris owes you?" I said.

"What do you mea-," Anna said but stopped and laughed happily..

" I don't have anything to do with Harris. I just said that because Lily wasn't really ready to talk." Anna said as I sighed in relief..

...........

" Do you think, I had something to do with Harris?" Anna said as we both walk on the pedestrian road...

We had to walk because we left the car at the restaurant, and Anna decided to walk instead of taking a taxi..

"Yes or No." I said...

"It's already winter time." Anna said as she looked at the sky, and snowflakes dropped down..

"Are you happy you are witnessing the first snow." I said as she smiled widely..

" Yes." Anna said nodding her head...

I stood opposite her,as she continued to look at the snowflakes....

"Tell me, what do you like about snowflakes?" I said as she looked at me..

" Well, snowflakes tell me; To begin what I want to do now,we are not only leaving in. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake." Anna said as she smiled,as a snowflake touched her hand..as she smiled and I did...

Anna looked at the sky,so did I...

I took out my phone and a earpiece, plugged it to my phone, I put one in her ear and the other in mine..

"Do you remember?" I said as she smiled while she nodded her head..

"The time, you asked for my help, in a restricted area in school." Anna said as I scoffed..

" Yeah, whatever." I said as I played Flashlight by Jessie J..

As she smiled and we both looked at the snowflakes falling...