Chapter Twenty-Eight

Some old wound never truly heal and bleed again at the slightest word...

Daniel Hart..

"Do you just say,the kiss we just had was a mistake?" Anna said as her eyes was filled to the brim..

"Anna, I can explain." I said as she looked at me..

" Explain what?" Anna said..

" I'm not good for you." I said as she scoffed, wiping her tears as she nodded her head...

"I know right, or I'm not to good enough for you." Anna said..

" No, it's not that.You can't understand." I said..

" It's fine,we were just partners with benefits, nothing more, we got distracted." Anna said..as I nodded my head slightly..

"Bye." Anna said as she left..

"No, Anna wait." I said but I only heard the slam on the door...

Anna, you can't understand .The more you are closer to me,the more you are in danger.. I'm the bad luck not you,I know...and I love you. But I don't think we love each other in the same way. And...I think keeping you near me, would only destroy you..

Anna Mark.

I got home,saw William watching TV, but I didn't care less,I went upstairs hearing William calling my name...

"Anna!!!" I entered my room as I slammed the door, going straight to bed as I cuddled my pillow and bursted into tears as I remembered the moment me and Daniel had together....

Yes, I understand why things had to happen this way. I understand his reason for causing me pain. But mere understanding does not chase away the hurt. It does not call upon the sun when dark clouds have loomed over me. 

"Anna." I could hear William calling me as he opened my door..

"Anna." He called sliently as he sat on the edge of my bed as he brought me closer to him giving me a hug....

"Should I punch him in the face?" William asked as I shook my head..

"Then stop crying." He added as he rubbed my back gently...

"He said the kiss was a mistake." I said...

"Oh,so you kissed him?" William said as I disengaged the hug, wiping my tears...

"No, I mean he kissed me first.." I said..

"You let him kiss you and you return the kiss." William said as I nodded my head...

" Anna,am not going to jugde you because you already a grown up but you love Daniel." William said as I looked at him straight in his eyes...

Do I love Daniel? No,am not sure... it might just be my stupid instincts but I do feel safe and happy around him...

"Am not sure, I don't want to have any regrets.." I said..

"Anna, you haven't even tried... having regrets makes you even more stronger and careful.." William said...

" Do you think Daniel looks like someone,I can end up with? Am not even sure he loves me." I said..

" Do you remember what I told you the other night; ‘Hope for love, pray for love, wish for love-"

"Dream for love, but don't put your life on a hold waiting for love." I said slowly...

"That's my girl." William said as he pat my back...

" Thanks Will."I said with a smile..

"I can still punch him,if you want." Will said as I shook my head...

" Nevermind.... come to think of it, even since you are home you didn't ask about Dad." I said as Will's face darkened...

Yeah, shouldn't have.... William and Dad have been having some fight issue because William chose millitery work over business work..

"You guys should stop fighting like children." I said...

"What do you want to eat?" William said as he changed the topic...

I was about to say something about it again but I dropped it and sighed softly with a smile... "Anything made by you."

"Okay." Will said as he stood up and left my room....