Chapter Eighteen

We are shaped and fashioned by what we love..

.......
Anna Mark.

After,a lot of chasing and laughter, the school bell rang,it was lunchtime...

"You are so stubborn." Daniel said as he played with my cheek making me giggle..

"Really, well you started it." I said as Daniel let go off my cheek.

"I didn't know you were such a playful nerd." Daniel said..

" Hmm."

" Let's go for lunch." Daniel said..

"Yeah," I said as Daniel took my hand making me startled,it felt different..

......
We both went to the cafeteria,as we sat opposite each, Daniel order for salad, potato,apple and milk, while I ordered for chopped chicken,burger, banana and milk.

"Well, somebody has a huge appetite." Daniel said as he gulped his milk.

"Don't blame the tummy." I said as I took my burger and took a big bite..

"Hey bro." I could hear a familiar voice,I turned around only to see David and Darvis, with their tray coming forward..

David sat down beside me, while Darvis sat beside Daniel..

Now, I'm feeling uncomfortable..

"Daniel,you missed Ruby's party.." Darvis said..

"It was lit." David added.

" I'm sure you guys enjoyed yourselves." Daniel said with a fake smile..

As they kept on talking about Ruby's party, What do I have expect, the party had to be lit, it's Ruby's party...The most popular girl in school...

"Have you heard, Mrs Smith's is actually Ruby's mother." Darvis said making me choke my milk,as I coughed..

"I'm sorry." I said as I stood up and ran out of the cafeteria..

Shit, she asked me to meet her up...

I ran to her staffroom,as I met her with Ruby, hugging each other...

Is she really Ruby's mother? If she is Ruby's mother,why isn't Ruby more responsible?.

"Good afternoon, Mrs Smith." I said as they disengaged their hug, Ruby gave me an annoying look,as she walked past me leaving me and Mrs Smith..

"You were late, Anna." Mrs Smith said as she sat down.

"Sit down." She added,as I sat opposite her.

"I'm sorry, Mrs Smith. I decided to grab a little lunch." I said as she nodded her head.

" Anna,I asked you to come because I had to discuss something with you." Mrs Smith said as I nodded nervously..

Fuck,My heart was beating fast...

"Anna, you didn't do my assignment, your dressing has changed, Mr Lockwood, actually just complained to me, you were not focused in class today,is it because of Daniel?" Mrs Smith said.

I'm sorry, can't I have a little change in my life, and everything that happened today in class was just a coincidence,Why is she even bothering me? Why can't she lecture her daughter?.

"Anna." Mrs Smith voice drifted my thoughts away..

"Mrs Smith, I'm sorry for the difference but I would try to change into myself." I said..

" Ok Anna, you can go." Mrs Smith said as I left her office..

I sighed out as I walked through the staff hallway...

As I walked through the hallway,a idea popped into my mind..

Harris