Extra Chapter 01

It was the evening of your return to Japan and you were sitting on a very familiar couch leaning against Wakatoshi.

After the match, he had made sure you could ride on the team bus with him and you had been able to greet some familiar faces. Sokolov was there, who told you all about his wedding with Selena, not very subtly giving you some tips along the way. Kageyama was there as well and surprisingly opened up to you as well.

You had been on a high the entire ride home and all exhaustion you felt from the long flight was gone.

It had returned with a vengeance the moment you stepped foot in Wakatoshi's apartment however, and you had both crashed on the couch.

Your head leaned against his shoulder and he held your hand, absentmindedly rubbing his thumb against the back of it.

You had almost dozed off to sleep when he cleared his throat, effectively jerking you awake.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." He apologized as you rested your head back in its comfortable spot.

" 's okay." You assured him. "Was there something on your mind?"

A sigh escaped his lips, which instantly put you on alert.

"I know my feelings on the subject haven't changed, but are you sure you don't need more time to consider?" He told you and you couldn't help but raise a brow.

"Have you thought about the fact that I'll have to be away from home often? I won't even be in the country for certain international tournaments. Are you going to try and find a job? What will you do if you can't? Can you be happy just being a housewife? What if my grandmother asks something of you? Is it really okay to be away from your family?"

You raised your hand to his mouth to quiet him and lifted your head from his shoulder again to be able to look at him.

"This is the first time I've heard you ramble, I didn't think you were capable of that." You grinned and he gave you an unamused stare.

"I'm serious though. When we go to city hall tomorrow and the papers are signed, it's the real deal."

You could see just how serious he was from the look in his eyes and you turned serious as well in response.

"I know. We have talked about those things before." You noticed that he was about to interrupt you so you continued quickly. "AND I have thought about every single one of those uncertainties and a hundred more on my own. I've spent many nights thinking about 'what if...?' and if I was doing a smart thing or making a horrible mistake. But in the end, I always came to the same conclusion."

You felt the intenseness of his gaze even though you had turned your eyes away for a moment.

"There wasn't a mistake I could think of that would be worse than calling it off with you. Not a 'what if' in the world had a worse outcome than 'What if I don't marry Wakatoshi?'" You squeezed his hand.

"Even if this isn't meant to last, I'll never forgive myself if I don't at least give it my all. We've come this far already haven't we?"

He nodded, seeming content with your response this time. You had not expected that it would be him dealing with nerves more than you. You were perfectly at ease, while he was still tense, even after your reassurance.

"Are you sure you don't need more time to think about it?" You returned his question half in jest, half wondering if there was more to his tenseness than just nerves.

"Of course I'm sure. Why?" He asked in an uncharacteristically energetic tone.

"Just... You seem a little tense."