Chapter 70 : Final

A/N: Thank you all for sticking with me until the end! There's a longer note at the bottom of the chapter about my further plans, if you're interested. 

Now go enjoy the last chapter of Tutor! (Ɔ˘⌣˘(˘⌣˘)˘⌣˘ C)

-

The next day, Wakatoshi took you out to go shopping for a ring to properly seal your engagement. It took you quite a while to find one that you both liked, but you had the whole day anyway, so there was no rush.

In the evening he came with you to Tokyo and you both spent the night in a hotel near the airport. This time there were no unexpected interruptions and you were able to get to the airport just fine.

Wakatoshi saw you off until the end and you agreed to get all the paperwork in order as soon as possible so you would be able to return immediately after you finished your final exams. You were twice as glad that you had been able to keep up with your studies and hoped that it had been enough for you to pass on the first go.

Coming home was a little bit like a cold shower or a slap in the face. While for you it had been as if you had been suspended in time for a while, life here had gone on as usual and you were immediately swept away in the current of college life. Classes, presentations, papers, exams,... 

The biggest difference was that you didn't have a part-time job anymore and thus had more time off. You used most of that time to study even more. You studied to make sure you would not have to take any makeup exams, but you also started studying Japanese seriously.

The other part you used to talk with Wakatoshi. Against your expectations, you easily went back to your previous routine of video calling. You had expected that it would be more difficult or maybe even painful to only be able to see each other through the screen of your laptop or smartphone, but in reality, it was quite the opposite.

You had been comfortable with video calling before you went to Japan, but now it seemed that you went to a whole different level. And whenever you did feel lonely, you had a ring on your finger that reminded you that you would soon be reunited again.

Some of your time together was spent looking at the different forms you needed to get filled out to apply for your visa after getting married. One of the requirements was that you would need some pictures of the two of you together to prove that you were actually a couple. It was recommended to take pictures of events like New Year's celebration, vacation trips, and of course your wedding.

The thought of you and Wakatoshi having a wedding day made your heart flutter and you couldn't help but start imagining what that day would look like.

-

The end of the school year approached faster than you had ever dared to hope and you soon found yourself studying for your final exams. In between all the studying and writing papers, you had only a little time to stay in contact with Wakatoshi, but you steadily got a 'Good luck.' message from him every morning that you had an exam.

When the day finally came that you found out your results you couldn't be happier to find out you had passed all your exams and were now officially graduated.

You were about to message Wakatoshi the good news, when an idea suddenly hit you and you wrote a message to Tendou instead.

'Do you want to help me surprise Wakatoshi in Japan?'

It did not take long for him to reply.

'Of course! (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑  What did you have in mind? ( ・◇・)?'

-

Two weeks later you finally set foot on Japanese soil again in Osaka.

It felt so good to be back and you immediately felt as if you belonged again. You also noticed that four months of studying Japanese whenever you could, had not been a waste at all.