Chapter 52

The next day, which was a Saturday, you and Marie moved cities from Osaka to Tokyo. After you got off the shinkansen and hopped onto a normal train, which would bring you to your hotel, you immediately noticed that the trains were even busier here.

You were both glad to have the train system mostly figured out already and to have your left and right memorized. As Wakatoshi had told you, it really came in handy now.

One of the first things you went to visit was the Imperial garden, because it was right next to Tokyo station. On Sunday you did a little bit of sightseeing and went to places like Tokyo Skytree, which was recommended to you by Nishinoya, Ueno Park, and Meiji Jingu.

Monday was reserved for shopping. Your first stop was Shinjuku where you ate the most delicious crepes, continuing on to Harajuku, where Marie spent a veritable fortune on clothes and ending in Akihabara, where you could shop to your heart's content now that a big portion of your budget had suddenly become available, thanks to Wakatoshi's generosity.

Then Tuesday rolled around, which was the day you and Marie were going to watch one of Wakatoshi's games. It was in the late afternoon and you would be meeting with him for dinner afterward. 

His team, Schweiden Adlers would be playing a team called 'EJP Raijin', who you had of course never heard of.

When you arrived at the stadium you noticed that there were quite a few people wearing either an Adlers or Raijin shirt and you immediately felt less insecure about choosing to wear Ushijima's national team shirt to the game.

You followed the indications in the stadium to look for the seats that were indicated on your tickets. You were not surprised to find that they were front row seats behind the benches.

There was still some time before the game was scheduled to start so you took the opportunity to ask Marie something you had been wondering ever since she agreed to come to the game with you.

"So, are you interested in volleyball now?" You asked nonchalantly, but were actually pretty curious to know the answer.

"A little bit. More than before in any case, now that I know a bit more about the sport it's kind of interesting." She said and you didn't have to wonder where she had learned that little bit from.

"Also, have you seen how many good looking guys play it? That guy Wakatoshi is talking to now? I wish he'd turn around so I could see his name. How do they even select them, through a beauty pageant?" Marie said as she craned her neck to try and get a peek at the raven-haired guy's back.

"Yeah I know right? That guy from the other team is also kind of cute, in a more manly sort of way?" You enthused with her.

"Right!! And that guy over there, Suna I think?" Marie said getting all excited

"Oooh right!! And Hyakuzawa!"

"Yeah he's totally adorable! ... Hahah, very funny." Marie told you, not amused.

"Well, if you weren't so tight-lipped about him I wouldn't have to wonder." You said to her matter of factly. 

"Alright, I get it. I'll give you more details later, for now let's just watch the game alright?" She said with a sigh and turned her attention back to the court.

"Kageyama." You said out of nowhere, making Marie give you a confused look.

"The guy Wakatoshi was talking to, his name's Kageyama. I just saw it on the back of his shirt." You clarified and five minutes later the game was underway.

You tried to remember the names of Wakatoshi's teammates throughout the game, which you succeeded in for the majority of the starting line-up.

It ended up being a four-set game which was won by Schweiden Adlers, but not after EJP Raijin put up a good fight. After the game, you watched as the teams stayed behind to sign autographs for their fans.

Marie elbowed you in the side as she pointed to where Kageyama and Wakatoshi were. "You should go over there as well."

"Why? I don't need his signature, and if I did I could get it whenever." You asked as you watched the cute scene of little kids flocking to Kageyama to get their items signed.

"Yeah, I know that, but he's surrounded by women. You might want to go over and mark your property." Marie's reply made your eyes shift from Kageyama to Wakatoshi, who was indeed surrounded by girls.

"I don't need to do that, besides I don't want to get his fans angry at him or something." Is what you said to Marie, but inside of you two feelings bubbled up. One was your good old friend, insecurity, while the other one was fairly new. You were pretty sure you were feeling slightly jealous.

"Do you want to stay here and wait, or shall we go outside?" You asked Marie after you had properly pushed your negative feelings out of the way.

"This looks like it might take a while, so I'd like to go out for a bit of fresh air, if you don't mind." She admitted.

"If I minded, I wouldn't have suggested it. Let's go." You said and Marie linked arms with you as you made your way to the exit. You took a little walk around the block and then made your way back to the entrance of the gym to wait for Wakatoshi to arrive.

When he did, he was accompanied by two men who you recognized as Kageyama and the obviously none-Japanese, Romero. You were a bit hesitant to call out, shy to meet the strangers

They seemed to be in a deep discussion, but it didn't take long for Wakatoshi to notice you. He raised his hand in greeting and the other two turned their heads in your direction as well. As they walked in your direction you noticed that especially Romero seemed to be asking Wakatoshi some questions.

They came to stand with you and everyone was shortly introduced to each other. 

"So you are the mysterious girlfriend we have absolutely not heard enough of." Romero stated more than asked. 

"I guess I am?" You replied, not sure what to say to that.

"This one here is sometimes hard to shut up when it's about volleyball, but anything else is like trying to pry answers from a brick wall!" He laughed as he slapped Wakatoshi on the back. 

"I hear he learned English from you, good job! Even though he still finds it difficult to understand me when I talk too fast, with my accent!" Romero said as he gave you a thumbs up and you couldn't but laugh. He seemed like a really nice person.

"Anyway, I hear you're going for dinner together, so don't let me keep you. I'd join you as well, if I didn't have a nice home-cooked meal waiting for me at home." And with that, he said goodbye and left the four of you on your own.

"Are you joining us?" Marie asked Kageyama, who nodded.

"If you don't mind." He spoke with a heavy Japanese accent and you both shook your heads.

"Of course not!" Marie said, delighted.

"Yeah, me neither." You confirmed and you noticed Wakatoshi grab hold of your hand.

"Let's go then, there's a nice place not far from here." He said and the four of you were on your way.

You had a nice evening with not too much of the conversation being about the day's match or volleyball in general and it was nice to get to know one of Wakatoshi's teammates, since none of the guys you met in the national squad were on his team.

The both of them didn't stay too long anymore after dinner, since they still had to make the trip back to Sendai. 

While you had had a great time, you still went back to the hotel with something that didn't sit well with you. You just didn't really know what it was..

-----

A/N: 

Hi guys! I hope you liked today's chapter! We met some new people again, yay! o((*^▽^*))o

Sadly, since I've been getting so many comments lately, I really can't answer so many of them anymore ( '•̥̥̥ω•̥̥̥' ). But I do read all of them, so please don't be discouraged if I don't answer!!

Thank you all for your support and see you Sunday!! (。・∀・)ノ゛