Chapter 59

Somewhere in your half-awake state, you noticed the annoying sound of an alarm going off, followed by the disappearance of the source of warmth next to you. You let out a sound in protest that sounded a lot like a mewl, but you hadn't had to worry, since you were wrapped up in warm arms again shortly after. 

You dozed off again almost immediately after sighing contently.

Some time later you woke up again and, after rubbing your eyes, took a peek at the time on your phone. It was nearing 9 am.

You turned on your other side, facing the man sleeping next to you with his back turned and snaked your arm around his bare waist. He let out an adorable soft groan as he half turned to look at you through half-lidded eyes.

"It's almost nine, shouldn't you be going on your morning run?" You asked him as you watched him rub his eyes.

He didn't respond to your question but instead he turned around, wrapped his arm around your back, and buried his face in your uncovered chest.

You giggled as you rested your cheek on his head, his hair tickling your nose. You drifted back to sleep to the sound of his even breathing and the smell of his hair, which was familiar but you couldn't exactly place.

It was a good hour later when you woke up for the third time, your eyes fluttering open and staring straight into his olive-colored ones. He was propped up on his elbow, watching you.

"Good morning." He told you and you couldn't but grin.

"Good morning to you too." You told him. "Even though it's hardly even morning anymore."

At your words, he sat up and stretched his back. "I guess we'll have to hurry up if we want to get to the store before noon. Do you want to use the shower first?"

"No you go ahead, I'll join you in a minute." You said, a cheeky grin plastered on your face that only widened as you noticed his face darken. You found it adorable how, even after last night, he still got flustered at the implication.

It was an hour later when you had finally gotten your hair appropriately dry and you both took your coats to finally make your way out to go shopping.

Against your expectations, Wakatoshi went to the side of the building and pulled a bike out of the rack. At your questioning gaze, he explained: "I don't like to go shopping in the station, so I go to the department store a little further on. It's a ten-minute ride."

At your silence, he pulled up next to you and told you to hop on the carrier on the back. 

"Are you sure?" You questioned, not sure if this was such a good idea.

"Yeah, just hold on tight okay?" He said as he held the bike upright for you to get on. After you had taken a seat he sat down on the saddle and waited for you to wrap your arms around him before pushing off.

At first, you were clinging to him nervously, as if your life depended on it. But as you got used to keeping your balance you relaxed a bit and looked at the scenery around you. 

Before long you found yourself outside of a multi-story department store, of at least six stories high.

"Do you want to look at clothes or other things you might need?" Wakatoshi asked you as he already made his way to the escalators. "I prefer to get food at the end."

You had to think for a moment before you told him you'd like to check for some home necessities and also could use some notebooks and other stationery items for your studies.

You went up to the fifth floor first where you got yourself a new hairbrush, since yours had died the day before yesterday and a bathrobe among some other things.

After you were done you went down a floor and you gathered some notepads, differently colored pens, and more stuff that could help you with your studies. On your way back to the escalator your eye fell on a shelf filled with children's books.

One, in particular, caught your interest. It was a cardboard book that had a bunch of little drawings with their names underneath in hiragana and katakana. There were a few differently themed ones.

"Is it silly that I want these?" You asked yourself more than Wakatoshi, but he replied anyway.

"If you want to learn Japanese, I don't think it is. I can help you if you want?" He offered and you gladly nodded. 

"So the tutor becomes the tutee." You mumbled as you gathered every little book in the series you could find.

When you were done the both of you finally made your way back to the first floor to get what you came for in the first place: food. 

You gathered some Japanese snacks and drinks that you had grown to love and then made your way over to Wakatoshi, who had gone straight to the fresh food department. He was picking out some meat and when you got closer to him you noticed that he was humming.

You stood there for a moment, listening and watching, and you couldn't do anything but wonder again what you had done to deserve a guy like him. It all seemed so perfect to the point where you expected an evil rival to pop up from behind the meat counter any moment now.

But that, of course, didn't happen and you eventually went up to him, linking your arm with his as you continued your grocery shopping.

When you came to the register and the cashier was loading your books in a bag she struck up a conversation with you and Wakatoshi, which you of course could barely understand anything of.

"I can see your little one is in want for nothing." She said with a smile to which Wakatoshi raised a confused eyebrow.

"She's not that little." He retorted.

"Oh, how old is she then?" The cashier asked, a little taken aback.

"Twenty one." He answered, keeping a straight face the whole while. The lady looked from him, to the books and then to you.

"Your girlfriend is learning Japanese then?" She asked as she finally managed to puzzle the pieces together.

"Yes." He replied and said goodbye as he took the bags from her.

"What was that all about?" You couldn't help but ask as you had noticed Wakatoshi getting kind of agitated at the poor cashier lady.

"She was calling you little. You're not that small." He said as you left the store and made your way to his bike.

You looked over your shoulder again, wondering if that lady, who didn't reach any higher than you, had actually been making fun of you. It definitely hadn't sounded like she had been.

Without giving it any more thought you took place on the bike again, one of the bags in your lap, and held onto Wakatoshi with your free arm. You were actually quite hungry and couldn't wait to get home and eat.

-----

A/N: 

I have mixed feelings about this chapter 。(*^▽^*)ゞ 

In any case I hope you enjoyed it and I will see you all again on Wednesday!! ヾ(>ω<○)