Chapter 62

After a ten-minute walk you arrived at a park where, Wakatoshi told you, he did most of his running. Even though it was the middle of winter, it was still fairly green with a lot of pine trees and other evergreens and you made a note to come here more often when you were taking a break from studying, instead of just hanging around in the apartment.

You stretched a little first before you were ready to get started. Wakatoshi told you to just go ahead and run at your usual pace and he'd adjust his to match you. You felt very awkward at first, but as you found your usual rhythm and noticed that no one looked at the both of you funny you relaxed and just started enjoying the scenery.

You were also happy to notice that Wakatoshi was actually jogging and not keeping up with you by just walking fast. After about 15 minutes of running, you called for a break. Your jogs at home had also been about that long so you started feeling the end of your stamina quickly approaching.

Without complaining he took a seat with you on one of the few benches. You took a few minutes to catch your breath, slightly annoyed that he didn't seem like he had even warmed up yet.

"Oh, I forgot to ask you before, but why wasn't Romero at practice the other day?" You asked the question that had been on and off your mind, when your breathing had calmed down again.

"He played in that match as a try-out. He did a few of those, he'll be joining the team for real next season, or the one after." Wakatoshi explained to you and you nodded.

"I was afraid he might be injured or something." You said, sighing of relief.

"Is it alright with you if I go do a lap at my own pace?" He then asked you and you told him that of course it was okay, so he got up and you watched him go. It was strange how it was both motivating and discouraging at the same time to watch him be all fit and healthy.

After twenty minutes he arrived back at you, having properly worked up a sweat now. "Do you want to go back, or do you still want to run a little more?" He asked as he stood next to you.

"Let's just jog to the park exit and go home, I could use some warming up." You told him as sitting on the bench had effectively made you feel cold. Realization crossed on his face and he extended his hand for you to get up.

"Sorry that I took so long, I didn't think about the fact that you would be cold just sitting and waiting for me." He apologized, but you shrugged it off.

"Make sure to take a hot bath when we get back." He instructed you before you took off running at your own pace again.

Once you arrived back at the apartment you kicked off your shoes and made a beeline to the bathroom to get a bath running.

When you came back Wakatoshi had already made his way into the living room and you threw your sports vest at the coat rack, hoping it would catch one of the hooks, which of course it didn't.

Wondering why he insisted on having all his coats out and on the lower hooks you sighed and stood on your tiptoes to put your vest away properly.

You ate breakfast as you waited for the tub to fill, your breakfast these days often consisted of a bowl of fruits with, to you alien, toppings. Pits and seeds, coconut milk, sometimes even bee-pollen. You still had to get used to that last one, but you could hardly turn down the breakfast Wakatoshi made for you every morning. 

It was actually pretty delicious once you had gotten used to it, especially when he used the fruits that his neighbor had brought him. It also explained why he often tasted so fruity in the morning.

You went to have a good soak in the bathtub when you were done eating and once you pulled the plug you decided it was time to go and get some studying done.