Chapter 58

'Welcome home.'

You tightly closed your fist around the keys, feeling both happiness and the weight of the situation bubble up inside you.

"Thank you!" You threw yourself at him and he easily caught you in his arms. Hands on his cheeks, you peppered him with kisses.

He pulled you in for a proper kiss before taking off his coat and putting it on the coat rack. You followed his example and stood on your toes to hang your coat on one of the upper hooks.

"I'll put your luggage in your room, you can heat up your lunch if you want." He told you as he walked past you to grab your suitcase.

Holding the plastic bag from the convenience store in one hand and your phone in the other you made your way to the kitchen. You were typing a message to Marie, telling her you had arrived at Wakatoshi's apartment, while you put your yakisoba in the microwave when you realized you had no idea how to operate the thing.

"Wakatoshi?" You called out, but when you heard him place your luggage down in the bedroom next to the kitchen, the one where his workout equipment was, you decided to go ask him directly.

The sliding door was halfway opened and you immediately noticed that the treadmill that had taken up a big part of the center of the room was gone. As you stepped inside you saw it folded and tucked away in the corner. The weights and other smaller equipment that had been there before were nowhere to be found along with the volleyballs. The shelves had been partly cleared as well.

Another thing that was different was a little desk and chair that stood in front of the balcony window.

"I thought you could use that for studying. I can still move it somewhere else if you'd like." He told you as he caught you looking at the piece of furniture.

"No, it's perfect, thank you so much." You said, not able to properly convey your appreciation enough. 

"I have a futon for you, if it's not comfortable enough we can go buy something better." He continued.

"No no, I'm sure it'll be fine, I can't have you go through even more trouble on my account." You assured him and got back to the reason you originally went to find him before he could offer you more things. "Can you help me with the microwave?"

"Of course." He said as he followed you out of the room. He told you what the most important buttons were and a few minutes later you were both sitting at the small dining table.

"I have a meeting I need to be at in two hours, but I took tomorrow off." Wakatoshi said before getting started on his food. You nodded your understanding as you chewed.

"We'll have to go shopping for food tomorrow morning, since I spent the last two days in Tokyo the fridge is pretty much empty." He said in between bites and again all you could do was nod.

"I'm going to go running before that, you're welcome to join if you want, but it'll be an early rise." As you again only nodded in reply he called your name, sounding a tad worried.

"Is everything alright?" He asked, making you lift your gaze from your plate to him.

"Yeah, of course! I'm just trying to wrap my head around the fact that we're here, planning our days together. It feels so unreal, like I could wake up in my dorm room any moment. Just a month ago I still had to plan my schedule so I could get maybe an hour at an appropriate time to video call you. 

Now, even if I somehow pack my days to the brim, I'll still get to see you every morning and every evening. It's almost too good to be true you know?" You said as you poked your chopsticks around your food.