Chapter 54

You and Marie met up with Wakatoshi at Akihabara station where he guided you towards a nearby karaoke complex. Inside, you could already see a bunch of people waiting, some of them were familiar to you, but most weren't.

Before the three of you could walk inside, Tendou had already come bounding towards you.

You were surprised at yourself when you noticed how happy you were to see him. 

"Hey hey! I'm glad you could make it!" He said enthusiastically and looked from you to Wakatoshi looking like a mom who was proud of her kids.

"You must be Tendou." Marie said before you had the chance to do the introductions.

"Oh?" Tendou said as he turned his attention to Marie.

"I've heard about you, and I like the way you think, mister." She said to him with a wiggle of her eyebrows, making Tendou laugh out loud.

"Well then, I think we'll get along just fine. I'm guessing you are Marie?"He said to her with a grin.

Marie turned to you. "Have you been talking about me?"

"I may have mentioned you once or twice." You said while thinking about it.

"I have great memory." Tendou added with a wink.

"You told me you remembered because it's the same name as your favor-" Wakatoshi started to say, but was interrupted by Tendou elbowing him in the side.

"Let's get going!" He added quickly before anyone could start asking questions.

Before he could get too far however, you grabbed him by the fabric of his hoodie. "Wait!"

He turned to you with a questioning gaze.

"I got you something." You said as you opened your bag. "I wanted to give it to you sooner, I hope it's still good."

You took out a box of the sweets you gave both him and Wakatoshi for Valentine's last year and noticed his eyes light up.

"You brought this from your country, especially for me?" He asked as he took the box from you.

"Yeah, you seemed to like them last time, and since they are so hard to find abroad I thought you would like it." You replied, starting to feel a little bashful.

You had no time to get too embarrassed however, as you found yourself suddenly in a hug. After recovering from the initial shock, you hugged Tendou back.

If you had been paying attention to it you may have noticed that, in comparison to that one time Oikawa hugged you, the atmosphere wasn't tense and Wakatoshi was perfectly at ease.

While you had had a great time with Tendou in August, you hadn't expected him to care so much about you getting him a gift. But when you watched him practically skip into the building you were certainly glad that you had remembered to do so.

Wakatoshi took your hand and followed Tendou with Marie coming right up behind you.

Immediately when you went inside you were met with curious stares. Hyakuzawa made his way over to you and after greeting you and wishing you a happy new year went to say hi to Marie, Nishinoya trailing after him for once.

Three guys walked over to Wakatoshi, while Tendou excitedly made his way to the only girl in the group.

"Look what I got!" He excitedly said to her in Japanese as he opened the box for her to have a look. "I'm so going to experiment with these!"

The girl seemed excited for him and you wondered if this was the girlfriend Wakatoshi had accidentally told you about.

You turned your attention back to Wakatoshi and the three strangers when he introduced you to them.