Extra Chapter 02

A few days after your visit to Sendai City Hall you and Wakatoshi found yourselves at the international moving company that had your stuff that you had sent over from Europe.

"Can we get it delivered today?" Wakatoshi asked the clerk who then proceeded to check the timetable on his computer.

"We can do 2 pm or 8 pm today."

After deliberating for a few moments you both decided that the earlier time slot would be the better fit.

Once your boxes were delivered to the apartment building entrance, began the chore of putting them in the elevator and bringing them to the apartment.

From the first load, it already became apparent that the empty nook in the second room would not be enough to hold all of them.

"I guess I'll have to get rid of some of my stuff to fit in the apartment." You commented after your third trip down when you thought of the boxes that were still waiting downstairs.

Wakatoshi came to stand beside you after putting a box on top of another.

"Maybe it would be a better idea to get a bigger apartment?" He suggested unexpectedly.

"What?" You had heard him but could barely believe he was actually suggesting it.

"Let's get the rest of your stuff and then sit down and talk about it." He told you as he already started his way down again.

Half an hour later you were both seated at the small dining table and you wondered how this conversation would go.

"I think we should get a three-bedroom apartment." He told you straight out like he usually did.

"I can get rid of some of my things, that's no problem. I don't think we should get an extra room just for some boxes." You responded, already thinking of which figurines and mangas you didn't really need anymore.

"It's not for your boxes. It's for you. I wanted to talk about it with you before you returned to Japan, but then you arrived much sooner than I expected. 

While I don't use the exercise equipment every day, I still want to be able to whenever I like so I would like to keep that room. We don't really know yet what you are going to do, but I want you to have a space of your own as well. 

A room where you can go when you want to be alone, that you can decorate any way you see fit. Maybe you'll need a place to work in the future or maybe just a place where you can practice a hobby. 

That's why I want to have an extra room. If you end up using it just as storage, that's fine as well of course." Wakatoshi explained and you had to take a moment to catch up to everything he was saying and all it implied. 

You were of course grateful and even a little impressed that he had thought that far ahead. But there was also a part of you that was daunted as you were suddenly confronted with the fact that your life was here now. You had given a lot of thought about spending the rest of your life with Wakatoshi, but you now came to the conclusion that you hadn't really considered what that would mean for you yourself.

Anything you would want to do with your life would have to be here in Japan, be it finding a job, doing a hobby or activity, or just socializing.

You had talked with him a little about your future, but the conversations had never gotten too serious or concrete. That Wakatoshi had thought so far ahead on your behalf made you realize that he had probably seen the struggles in front of you clearer than you had, it just hadn't been his place to push you into making decisions of any kind.

He had assured you that on his pay he should be able to take care of you either way, so you shouldn't feel pressured into finding a job. But you had no idea if you would be able to live life as just a housewife.