Chapter 45

'Why is the two-meter guy here?'

Before you could ask the question out loud a familiar voice called out to Marie. 

"Hey! How was your flight?" The third person, who you now knew was Nishinoya, asked her.

"It was great! I got bumped up to premium economy and there was a man who taught me origami!" Marie replied, matching his level of energy.

"Wow!" Noya exclaimed, looking genuinely impressed. 

"Yuudai! I had no idea you were going to be here too!" Marie exclaimed as she noticed the party's tallest member.

Hyakuzawa scratched his neck, embarrassed. "It was a last-minute decision."

You looked back up to Wakatoshi, an eyebrow raised in question, but he just shook his head. "I have no idea."

"I half expected Tendou to be here as well." You said glancing around.

"He had stuff to do." Wakatoshi replied, cryptically.

"Hey, the lovebirds over there! We need to go pick up our rail passes!" Marie called out to you and you stuck your tongue out at her as you released Wakatoshi from your hold.

As you picked up your carry-on bag, he took your suitcase in one hand and used the other to grab hold of your free hand. You followed Marie, Hyakuzawa, and Noya as the latter led them to the right place.

You and Marie both took place in the long line while the guys found a place to wait. You couldn't contain your curiosity for long. "You said Noya would be here, but you never told me about the two-meter guy, what's up with that?"

"He has a name." Marie chided you.

"Yeah I know but I've never been able to remember, ever since the Under 21's." You felt a bit bad about never being able to remember his name. "But you're not going to succeed in distracting me. Why is he here? How did you even get his contact information? I don't even have it."

"I got it from Noya, obviously. We've chatted a little, but I also had no idea he would be picking us up." Marie said, a pensive look on her face.

You grinned. "He must really like you then."

Marie softly elbowed you in the arm. "Yeah right, he barely knows me. You're just seeing hearts everywhere because you're finally reunited with your Ushi Wushi. Don't forget you're spending the first two weeks with me okay?"

"Of course not! I won't let all the plans we made go to waste. Besides, as I said before, Wakatoshi doesn't have that much free time anyway." You assured her.

After standing in line in silence for a little while you couldn't help but get back to your previous topic. "Are there more guys you've been chatting with that I don't know about? Or Is Hai... ku... Haikuwhatever the only one?"

"Hyakuzawa! And yes, it's only him. Also, it's not like I kept it from you on purpose." Marie said and she seemed to be getting a little bit annoyed so you decided to drop the subject.

After twenty minutes you finally had your rail passes and you rejoined the three guys to go and find your hotel. It was a 50-minute train ride, which you spent mostly looking outside in awe. Even though most of the view was just houses and apartment buildings, it just felt so different

In the meantime both Wakatoshi and Nishinoya, who sat in a four-seater with you and Marie, were explaining as much as they could. One of the first things they said to you was to keep it down, people like peace and quiet on the train. You noticed that even Noya was naturally talking in a soft voice, which was not something you were used to from him.