Chapter 39

You had been chatting with Marie for a little while when you realized you had not yet let Wakatoshi know that you had arrived home safely. You waited until Marie was finished telling you about a new band she had discovered and then asked her if it was okay if you went to make a quick call in your bedroom.

"You're going to call Ushi, right?" She said with a big grin on her face. "Just call him in here, your laptop's right there on the coffee table!"

You could already tell where this was going.

"How are you planning on not giving me a choice?" You asked, letting her know that you were onto her.

"If you make the call in your room, I'll make sure he sees every single item in your underwear drawer!" She said happily and you couldn't but sigh.

"I knew this was a battle that was lost before I'd be able to put up a fight..."

You booted up your laptop and checked to see if he was online, which indeed he was.

"You behave, okay?" You told Marie before pressing the video call button.

It took a few rings for him to answer. As soon as he did, you told him that you weren't alone and introduced Marie to him.

While you had expected Marie to get all excited, talk his head off and ask him a bunch of inappropriate questions she was actually very composed and quiet throughout your talk.

"I'm sorry for not contacting you before, I hope you didn't worry." You apologized.

"That's okay, I'm glad you called though." He answered, reassuring you.

"So did you have a good birthday?" You asked and wondered if he went out to do something.

"Sure, I got a lot of texts. I didn't really do anything, I was too tired anyway." He admitted.

"You didn't sleep on the plane?" You asked him.

He shook his head. "It was still morning when we took off so I wasn't that tired, I napped for about an hour or so. Then it was morning already when we landed, so I haven't slept in a bed since..."

"Sunday." You quickly finished for him, feeling your face heat up. "Wait," You said as you looked at the time in the corner of your screen. "I'm keeping you up right? I'm sorry maybe I should've waited until tomorrow to call you."

"No, it's okay, now I can go to bed without worrying." He said and you could hear Marie muffle a squeal. 

"I won't keep you any longer then. Talk to you later?" You said and waved at him. 

"Yeah, see you later. Bye Marie, it was nice meeting you." He said and ended the call.

"What, no 'I miss you' or 'I love you'?" Marie booed from your right, all of a sudden having come back to life. 

"No...?" You said. "We haven't really said those things."

"But you do miss him right?" She asked to which you could only nod. "Well then next time you tell him."

"Okay..." You said hesitantly and Marie seemed satisfied with that.

"My goodness, his voice though! Does he have friends? That are available? Or maybe a brother or something?" Marie said in a slight change of topic. "Oh! Or teammates, of course! You met them right? There must be a few eligible ones among them. Do you have their contact information?"

"I have Oikawa's... But I'm not going to give it you without asking first." As you looked at your small list of contacts you realized there was one more.

"Oh yeah, there's also Nishinoya. He was the libero and really nice. I could ask him as well?" You thought that if Marie were to become friends with someone, Noya was a far more likely candidate than Oikawa. You couldn't really pinpoint exactly why, but Oikawa seemed ... complicated.

"Do you have a picture? Of both of them?" Marie asked eagerly.

"There's more to them than their looks Marie. Here, you can look at their profile pics." You showed her Oikawa's first.

"Okay, this is just a piece of bread." She said disappointed. "How about the other guy?" 

You went to Nishinoya's profile and showed her the picture. 

"Ooh, he's cute! I like what he did with his hair." Marie said approvingly. 

"So do you want me to ask Noya? Or the bread?" You asked, and before she could reply you added: "They're all way into volleyball though, so be prepared to study up!"

"Both." She replied, against your wishes.

"Both?" You confirmed hoping she would still change her mind.

"Both is good." She answered and you couldn't help but sigh.

"Okay, but I'm not doing it right now. I don't want to wake them up." You said and Marie nodded, understanding.

You talked a little more before Marie had to leave and after she did you took a moment to gather your thoughts.

Marie's words still sounded in your head and you wondered if you were actually going to be able to make this work. Sure it would be difficult at times and you would need to trust each other, but that was true for all relationships right?

You had no way of knowing if this would last, but there was one thing you did know: waiting around was not going to work. He was not magically going to show up at your door, it's not like you were in a rom-com after all. If you wanted to see him again, you would have to work to make it happen.

After thinking about it for a little while there was one very obvious option. One that you had wished for before but never had the funds to actually make happen.

You were going to take a vacation, destination: Japan.

You figured if you moved out of your apartment and into a college dorm you would already be able save up a lot from your part-time job. But you considered getting a second job, just to be safe. Also, the more money you had, the more money you could spend on anime merchandise and the like.

There was still one thing that you would need for the trip: a travel companion. Lucky for you, you knew just the person, she had walked out of your door a little while ago.

So now all you had to do was talk to your landlord about moving out, find a dorm room and look for an extra job.

Oh, there was still one other small thing that, in all the excitement, you had forgotten about.

You had two makeup exams at the end of the month.

Since today was the thirteenth, you still had about two weeks to resume your studying. That put a lot of stuff on your plate, but you were determined.

To make your decision more tangible you took your phone and opened your calendar. On Friday, the 18th of December you added an entry.

'Leave for Japan.'

Now you had to get Marie on board, but you figured that would the easiest of your tasks.

-----

A/N: 

Hey guys! I got unexpectedly busy the last few days, but luckily I was able to get the chapter out on time. ε-('・`) フ

By now you might know that it's not always easy for me to write these in between chapters and this one was no exception!  (๑•́ㅿ•̀๑)

I hope you liked it anyway, thanks for your support and see you Wednesday!! ヾ(°∇°*)