Chapter 53

As it approached the first of January, the trains got really busy and getting around was increasingly difficult. A lot of places were closed so you had to do quite some research to find parks and other places to visit.

On New Year's Eve you joined some other travelers in the hotel common room for a little celebration but you both had quickly retreated to your room to ring in the new year with just the two of you.

You had gone shopping a few days prior, you chose the snacks and Marie the drinks, and were glad you had the foresight to do so. Everything was super busy and a lot of shops were closed today.

"It's too bad you couldn't celebrate with Ushi today." Marie said to you with a slur, she had already consumed her share of the drinks. "But I get that neither of you were willing to travel in these conditions. Especially since you'll be living together soon." She gave you a couple of winks and you couldn't but laugh.

"He also went to meet with his family, so he didn't really have time anyway." You said and shrugged.

"You should've gone with him... He could've introduced his future wife." Marie giggled and you wondered if you should cut her off from the alcohol already. You drank a bit as well, but your mind wasn't nearly as addled as hers yet.

"There you go again! Let's start by living together first and see how that goes! Maybe he has some real nasty habits. Maybe he'll kick me out after a month and I'll be homeless." You theorized.

She hit you on the shoulder. "No way can it be that bad! My ex used to pick his nose..."

"Okaaay?"

"And eat it!" Marie added dramatically and with a shudder added: "I kissed that mouth!"

"Marie!! This is supposed to be a celebration not a gross-fest!" You decided to turn the subject on her. "So, is now a good time to tell me about your current love life?"

"I have no such thing." She replied, obviously still in a dramatic mood, and poured herself another cup of sake.

"So what was that all about with Hyakuzawa then? He showing up out of nowhere at the airport, buying you tickets and hand-delivering them from Sendai to Osaka. Taking you to the concert and staying out until 2am. You can't tell me he's not interested at least." In fact you knew he was interested. "So how about you?"

Marie groaned. "I don't knooow... He's nice and all."

Not many good things started with those words. "Maybe too nice?" She questioned

"Nuh uh!" You said in a loud voice, startling Marie. "Don't you go giving me any of that bovine fecal matter!"

"Bovine... What?" Marie said, clearly taken aback by your answer.

"That is a stupid thing to say and you know it. Tell me what you really think, have I not earned that?" Your words seemed to make Marie sober up a little and she looked to be thinking for a moment.

"Okay, you want it, you got it. I get the feeling that if I'm with him I'll have to take the lead all the time. He's young, he's shy, I don't want to be the one making all the moves, you know."

"Marie, have you been paying attention? He picked you up from the airport, he took you to see your favorite band, how can you say he lacks initiative?" You said and you could see the wheels in her head starting to turn, albeit slowly thanks to the alcohol.

"He did do that, didn't he?" She mused and you watched her already flushed face go a tint redder.

"I'm just saying, try to make up your mind before you leave. I don't mean commiting to a relationship or anything, just if you're sure it's not going to work, tell him before you're gone. I think he deserves that, at least." You said and hoped it reached her.

Around midnight you sent some New Year's wishes, even though for some of them the new year was still hours away. You got a reply from Wakatoshi and Nishinoya almost instantly and after a little while from Oikawa as well.

'You're half a day early, but Happy New Year as well! (^_−)☆'

You couldn't help but smile at the message. It was well over midnigt when you both decided to turn in for the night.

There were only a few days left now, before Marie would head back home and you would move up to Sendai. It had both of you in a peculiar mood, Marie because she dreaded having to leave and you because you were both nervous and excited at the thought of living with Wakatoshi.

It was the evening of the first of January when you got a message on Line. After reading it you turned to Marie who was sitting next to you at the counter of a ramen restaurant close to the hotel. It was one of the few things that were open today.

"Do you feel like doing a little farewell party?" You asked her and she raised a brow at you.

"Isn't every day a bit of a farewell party right now?" She asked in return.

"I mean with everyone. Not just us." You clarified. "Tendou just messaged me, asking if we would like to join everyone for karaoke tomorrow."

"Who's everyone?" Marie asked and you passed the question on to Tendou.

"Apparently, 'some guys from high school, some guys from nationals, some others'." You repeated what the message said.

"Well, that's very helpfull. Anyone we know? And by we, I mean mostly you, I guess." Marie said with a shrug.

After pressing Tendou for more information, you got some names out of him. "Wakatoshi is going to be there, as well as Noya and Hyakuzawa, Kageyama too, some guy named Semi and some more guys I don't know about."

"Ushi is going?" Marie asked, and you could see why she would have trouble imagining Wakatoshi attending a thing like karaoke.

"He's been before, I guess it's an opportunity for him to meet up with his former friends. So, what do you say? It's a good chance to see Noya and Hyakuzawa before you leave." You said to her, encouraging.

"Fine. Where are we meeting though? It's a long ride to Sendai, just to go do some karaoke." Marie asked the valid question and you passed it on to Tendou along with your confirmation.

"He says to not worry, they're all meeting in Tokyo anyway." You said and Marie nodded.

"I guess I'll try to have a blast before I leave."

-----

A/N:

What is a trip to Japan without going to do karaoke once right? (。•̀ᴗ-)✧

Thank you for your support, I hope you liked the chapter and see you all Wednesday!! (* ゚∀゚)ノシ