Chapter 48

The next days consisted of you and Marie visiting one spot after the other. Your days were packed full with outings to temples, shrines, castles, parks, and a bunch of other things you wanted to see in Osaka and Kyoto.

The time in between you spent either eating, shopping, or recovering from walking so much. On the third day after your arrival, you had planned a morning on your own to do whatever each of you felt like.

Marie had gotten up early to go to Universal Studios, while you had decided to sleep in a little and visit the Osaka aquarium. You had just entered the aquarium and were looking at some sharks swimming over your head when you got a friend request on Line from Hyakuzawa.

You accepted and typed a greeting, wondering what was up.

'Do you have time to talk?' He asked you.

'Wait, just let me find a place to sit.' You replied.

'Marie's not with you, right?' 

You found a little bench that overlooked a tank containing multiple species of fish and rays. You pressed the video call button and he picked up almost immediately.

"I'm on my own. Why? Is something wrong?" You asked him and watched as he shook his head.

"No no, nothing's wrong. I just wanted to know if you were free on Thursday?" You noticed that he was a little nervous and you were starting to get more and more confused by your conversation.

"Thursday... That's Christmas Eve. I'm meeting Wakatoshi in Sendai. Why?" You answered and watched his face fall.

"Of course you have plans. I'm sorry I should have realized." He fell silent and you couldn't contain your curiosity. 

"Why? Did you want to make plans or something?" You couldn't fathom why he would want to meet with you. You were pretty sure he had a crush on Marie, and even if he didn't, your relationship with Wakatoshi should have been pretty obvious to him by now.

"Yeah,... No! I mean... I got a ticket to a Christmas concert as a present for Marie, but I figured she wouldn't want to go by herself, so I got you one too." He explained, getting more embarrassed by the minute.

 "Wow! Hyaku, that is such a great gift for her!" You could already see how excited Marie would be. "But really, you should go with her."

"I don't think... I'm not really into that kind of music." He fumbled for an excuse.

"That doesn't matter! You do like her don't you?" You asked and watched him get embarrassed even more.

"Yes..." Even trough the small screen of your phone you could see his face go red.

"Then go with her! You have to get the most out of the time you have with her! Trust me, I speak from experience." You said to him, hoping your words would encourage him. "Try to get to know her as much as you can before she leaves."

"I don't know..." He said reluctantly.

"Remember what Noya said, have confidence! Women like a confident guy, and besides what's the worst that can happen? I'm not expecting you to confess to her or anything, so the least you get out of this is strengthening your friendship." You noticed that other visitors were giving you curious looks, but didn't let that bother you.

Hyakuzawa was silent for a few moments, but then got a determined look on his face. "Okay, I'll go with her."

"Good! When are you going to give her the tickets?" You asked with a grin.

"I'm on my way to Osaka now. She went to Universal Studios, right? I'll just wait for her at the exit." He said and you felt excited for him.

"Okay! Good luck!" You told him and after you said goodbye you resumed your walk through the aquarium.