Chapter 13

A/N: Sorry it's late, uwu. Hope you enjoy! <3

Vince's POV

Simon stepped out of the bathroom donning one of my old shirts that reached his mid-thighs, a pair of my old shorts barely visible beneath it. He had draped one of the towels over his shoulder, water droplets still falling from his honey hair.

"That's the smallest I had, sorry."

"Our sizes aren't that far off, just a tad longer. It's comfortable too." He played with the hem of his shirt before smiling up at me. He grabbed the towel from his shoulder and ran it through his hair haphazardly. His hair stuck up in all sorts of directions, still quite damp even with the towel.

"Your, um...hair." I bit my bottom lip.

"It's...sticking up a little." I pointed to where it stuck out above his ear, shooting up toward the ceiling.

He reached a hand up, completely missing the spot as he smoothed an already smoothed out part of his hair. "Did I get it?"

"Here, let me," I said, even though I was pretty sure Simon was only pretending to miss the askew hair strand. As I lifted my hand to that spot, I remembered that time my wolf had tricked me into making this same gesture with him. His smile was wider now, his eyes trailing from my hand up my arm to my face. My fingers lingered against the side of his face as the memory of that time played out until I felt his hand wrap around my wrist.

"Thank you," he whispered, interlacing our fingers. "For that, and the shirt."

"It's just a shirt."

"I know," Simon said before squeezing my hand. "But for letting me stay here, too. I wasn't sure if you'd be ready for that or for...any of this in general."

There was something surreal about holding his hand. I had longed for this for so long that now that I had it, I never wanted to let go. It felt like home like I had been the one away for years and was finally returning. And now, I was beginning to understand what it meant to call a person your home. He was my home, and I wouldn't change it for the world. "I do want this, ready for this, I mean."

"I am too."

I nodded, the feeling of butterflies growing in my stomach. "Just nervous."

"Nervous?"

"Like...like this is all just a dream."

He let out an amused laugh before lifting his other hand to my cheek. "This isn't a dream. When we wake up in the morning, I'll still be here."

"You promise?" The words tumbled from my mouth as I would wake at any moment, and I needed to hear a reply before I woke up from the nightmare where he was gone again.

"I promise." From his gentle hand on my face, or the sincerity of his words, I was melting, gravity seemingly intensifying as he stared at me with those warm brown eyes. "We should get some rest, though; it is getting late."

I hummed before watching him place the towel back on the towel rack in the bathroom. My eyes never left him, still concerned that maybe I was still dreaming. But with a pinch to my side, and my wolf growling at that thought of this still just a dream quelled that lingering feeling.

Simon strolled up beside me, pulling his hand back into mine before leading us to the bed. We pulled the sheets back before sliding in, his hand never straying very far from mine. Out of habit, I went to turn away from his side of the bed, but he rested his other hand on my chest. His hand didn't move, even as I settled for laying on my back. His other hand wound around my right hand.