Chapter 27

A/N: enjoy :)

Simon's POV

Mornings spent in Vince's arms were probably the best feeling in the world, only second to the sense of being enveloped in the bond like last night. Last night was more than just perfect, that just thinking about it sent a whirlwind of butterflies in my stomach.

Our legs were still tangled, and a loose hand draped over my waist while his head rested next to my shoulder. He was awake, based on the sounds of his breath, his eyes still shut, but as soon as I turned my head to look at him, his eyes blinked open. The bright blue staring back was enough to elicit a content hum. I leaned into him as his hand traveled up my bare chest, leaving a trail of goosebumps.

His eyes trailed as his fingers graced the tender spot between my collar bones. His lips pursed into a frown.

"Something wrong?"

His blue orbs looked up at me through his lashes. "That looks painful."

I lifted my hand to where his fingers rested; the memory of his lips pressing firmly against that spot made my cheeks flush. Though it felt bruised, the speckle of the discolored area against his skin looked to outweigh what I must've had decorating my neck, especially if my memory served right. "Those look painful too," I teased, tracing the spots that decorated his chest and arms, the places I had held onto.

He glanced down, hissing, when my finger danced around the deeper shade of blue against his skin. "I'll live."

"And I don't mind the marks." My fingers interlaced his.

"We should probably get out of bed," I added, our noses just a hair between each other. "Or we'll never leave this bed."

He smirked, pressing his forehead to mine before saying, "I wouldn't mind that."

I hummed, pressing our lips together. "I wouldn't either, but I should probably shower."

He nodded as his hand wandered to my hip. "Is it sore?"

"'I'll live," I mimicked him, watching as his smile lines appeared, emphasized by the way the pillow pressed against his cheek.

"You sure?" he teased before his expression wavered as I groaned, sitting up. "I'm sure that—"he paused. "Position was uncomfortable."

Though his concern was precious, I couldn't help but stifle a laugh.

"I'll be fine." While there was no sense in using the sheets to cover up, I still bunched and pulled them toward my chest as I leaned forward, masking the slight discomfort from my lower back to place a chaste kiss right beside his ear. "Unless you want to join me."

His hot breath sent goosebumps along my neck, a deep red flushing his face as I pulled away. "I'll shower after," his words fumbled out of his mouth, his one arm draping over his eyes like he did last night. I let it go this time as I fought with the sheets, pulling them back to leave the comfort of the bed. Though cuddling and snoozing the entire day sounded like a solid plan, I was absolutely starved.

It wasn't until I looked at the bathroom mirror that I noticed why he must've thought it was painful. The ones along my hips weren't nearly as deep as the one at the base of my neck, already deep purple. I lifted my hand to touch the spot, biting my lip as the slightest bit of pressure grew. My stomach fluttered at the memory of his lips anchored against that spot, the thrum of the bond intensifying with each kiss. The raw intensity yet vulnerability of being in each other's arms was unlike anything we had ever felt.

It saddened me to think the bruise there would fade, especially with our heightened healing, but I suppose there was always next time.

But it would be nice to wear his mark one day, to have it there permanently—though, I suppose I was getting ahead of myself; it was hard not to after what we experienced.