Chapter 25

A/N: I have no words—lies, I have tons, but I'd rather hide my blushing face. This was my first time writing this kinda thing, and it went surprisingly longer than I thought, so it continues in the next (I won't withhold it too long, I swear) ;) enjoy <3 

Shameless plug: In the meantime, if you'd like to chat with—or rant to—me on Discord, you can follow me in my author corner on the Literary Lounge (link in bio).

CW: sex (if you haven't guessed by now) ;)

Vince's POV

Simon hadn't said much after Xavier left with the kids, which left an uneasy feeling. Usually, he wouldn't stop talking about how cute Lilah and Jonah were, or he'd joke about Xavier's inability to cook; but I could count the number of sentences he said on one hand.

"I'll go shower," was the last thing he said thirty minutes ago. Though the sound of the water filled the silence, I couldn't help but nervously pace around the room, wondering what would have warranted the silence. I backtracked all the stupid things I might've said in the last twenty-four hours, even thinking of how I handled the kids, wondering if I had treated them weirdly, but I couldn't think of anything.

It wasn't his birthday, my birthday, or the kid's birthday, either. Did I forget something?

Then, I wondered if my wolf might've said something while in control. He growled at that thought before retreating like he hadn't been there at all.

My head jerked in the direction of the bathroom as the water stopped.

"You alright?" the words tumbled from my lips before he could even fully step out of the bathroom. He had on a plain T-shirt and loose-fitting pants. I searched his eyes for any sign of something, but his eyes weren't focused on my face. "Simon?"

"I'm fine," he said, his lips pulling into a mischievous smile I couldn't understand.

"You were in there for a while."

He hummed, wrapping his arms around me in a fierce hug. I stilled as he flushed against me, leaning his head against my chest.

"Something wrong? You've been quiet." My hand rested tentatively against his back.

"Nothing's wrong," he mumbled in my chest. "Just..."

His voice trailed into a heated breath, and that was when I felt it. How I hadn't noticed with his body pressed against me sooner escaped me; it was obvious what the issue was. "Oh."

He laughed at my reaction before leaning up to kiss me, pressing against me in a way that the smell of arousal intensified. It overwhelmed my senses, and I stepped back, my back hitting the wall.

I lifted my hand to rest against the back of his head, leaning into the kiss. His alluring scent aroused a heat within me so quickly that it elicited a sound from the back of my throat. My free hand fell to his hip. He briefly pulled away with a smile, his hands shifting to my chest and lower.

As his hands tugged at the bottom of my shirt, a realization stilled my roaming hands. Simon noticed immediately, peering his warm eyes up from under his lashes.

"You okay?"

I nodded, almost laughing at the thought that interrupted the moment, before pulling our bodies close again. "I've never done this with...."

He didn't need me to say anything to understand. "It's not that different," he reassured, placing his arms around my shoulders. "Although, I suppose I could teach you."

We shared a faint laugh as I leaned down to meet his gaze. "It is different; it's because we're mates."

His cheeks flushed a delicate pink before he married our lips together again. The taste of him was something I'd never grow tired of. "Yes, we are," he echoed as he pulled apart, sliding one arm down to intertwine our hands.