Chapter 31

A/N: enjoy <3

Simon's POV

While it was exhilarating watching Vince squirm with just my hand on his thigh, we breathed a sigh of relief once we pulled off the main highway and onto the gravel road that led to the pack. A car crash would've been embarrassing to explain.

Once parked and the threat of crashing subsided, I leaned over the console to pull him back into a heated kiss, one he graciously returned. The heated moment from the parking lot at Cindy's returned as our hands explored each other, pulling us closer despite the inconveniently placed console between us.

As we parted, his eyes searched mine. "Thank you."

I scrunched my nose. "You don't have to thank me for a kiss."

"I know." He smiled. "It wasn't just for the kiss, more for everything else that leads up it."

I laughed. "Like my hand on your thigh? Or embarrassing you and making you blush at every turn?"

"All of it," he said, leaning in again to kiss me. It started slow and tentative like he usually did, followed by wave after wave of newfound passion. One that had me cursing this damned console for being between us. Though I wouldn't be opposed to clambering over to his side of the car, any number of pack members could have walked past us, or worse; I'd accidentally hit the horn and have a repeat of Cindy's.

Our foreheads pressed together as we caught our breath, our eyes taking in each other as if it was the first time again. "Shall we head upstairs?" I suggested, my roaming hands on his back eliciting a gasp from his lips. "Somewhere more private."

He bit his bottom lip, only managing to hum as I leaned forward to place a kiss at the base of his neck. Goosebumps formed along his arms.

Vince's hand found its way through my hair, further intensifying the desire to fill his car. Not even the air conditioner could cool the heat between us.

It took a moment for us to finally pull from our embrace, only aided by the discomfort from leaning over the console the entire time. "Shall we?"

He nodded and shut the car off, opening the door before we could think about making out in the car again. That didn't stop me from wrapping my hand in his and leaning against him heavily as we met around his side of the vehicle. Only a handful of pack members were nearby, not even sparing us a glance as we made a beeline to the pack house.

But as we headed up the stairs, Xavier appeared from the council room, looking just as stressed as Vince described him earlier. "Xavier?"

"Oh, hey," he said breathlessly.

"Something wrong?"

He blinked. "Uh, no. Just trying to sort out my life, the usual."

Vince pursed his lips. "I could help you—"

"No," Xavier interrupted, his eyes widening. "I've got it. Just treaty stuff with the southern packs."

"Xavier," Vince said.

His brother sighed, shoulders sagging as he leaned against the banister. "Alright, fine. The southern pack wants all of us to go there to sign the treaties. Something about customs and want to ensure they don't get ambushed if they come here to sign the forms."

"All of us?"

"The pack leaders from the neighboring packs. It just seems like an awful idea, but they made a good point. Why convene here as opposed to any of the other packs?"

"The peace treaties were your idea."

"Yes, but it would make us look like we're trying to control the others if I make this the meeting place for signing treaties." Xavier sighed. "So, it might be better to listen to their requests and head south to sign their treaty. Then I could visit the northern and other packs and sign the treaties there, respectively."