Chapter 41

Vince's POV

This couldn't be real. Surely, this was a dream. Or I died, and this was some weird occult vision the goddess showed me. This wasn't our first time together, but each time spent with Simon was like discovering another world—so many nuances and little crumbs of Simon I'd soak up.

From the little smirks and glint in his eyes to the delicate balance Simon and his wolf held as they teased me to no end, to the fiery need expressed through his fingertips digging into my arms. It drove me and my wolf crazy, eager for the present Simon promised early. But I wanted to savor this and live this moment for as long as I could restrain myself to cherish everything Simon was to me fully. There weren't enough letters or words I could possibly concoct to express how much he meant to me, but I'd try my darnedest to have him feel it.

And with every electric touch and passion between us, the magnetic pull amplified to extremes I doubted the moon goddess could resist.

It didn't help that Simon was a mastermind of a tease, looking up at me irresistibly with that playful expression I never understood where he got it from.

As he met me thrust for thrust, his lips parted, mouthing the words kiss me. I obliged, pressing into him further as my lips pressed against his. And despite our closeness, the urge to be closer flowed between us. His fingers pressed further into my skin, pulling us flush together as we kissed like it'd be our last.

"I'm close," I said breathily as our lips parted, remaining still.

He nodded, body arching toward me. "Me too."

Though the words failed to leave my lips, the sentiment carried through the bond. We wanted this together, and while the idea of climaxing together was euphoric in its own right, the promise of the mark was at the forefront of our minds.

"Mark me," spilled from his lips. My lips pressed against the base of his neck, eager to do just that. My teeth grazed the spot as our bodies pressed together. Just under the surface, our wolves preened, eager for the mark.

It wasn't just a heightened bond or closeness we'd feel once we marked each other. This was far more than anything I could've imagined and hoped for. With Simon, this mark would signify something even greater because that's what he meant to me, what we meant to each other.

He was my sunshine on a rainy day. A glass of ice-cold water after a run. My home. My mate. My everything. Even thinking of it sounded corny, but it was the truth.

And I was his.

"Simon." My words were breathy against his skin, sending a wave of goosebumps.

"Vince," he echoed. Our eyes met, hazed by the heat of our bond, but the understanding was clear between us. Everything we went through—from the worst to the best moments—led to this moment.

We'd bear this mark for the rest of our lives with an intertwined and strengthened bond like it was always meant to be. This was what we had wanted all along—even if it took me a long time to admit it.

I savored the moment, taking in his scent and presence, hoping that in the years that followed, I'd be able to look back and remember it as clearly as it was now. My eyes traced the smile lines, his feather-like lashes, and the valleys and curvatures of his body, filling my memory of only him.

He shifted in my arms, eliciting another mewl from my lips as he extended his neck. His breath ghosted against my skin as I muttered, "You first," leaning in. "Mark me, Simon."

He gasped sharply, sending a wave of goosebumps down my neck. "You sure?"

The corner of my lips raised. Without hesitation, I said, "A thousand percent."