Chapter 14

A/N: ahaha it's late again. I blame NaNo burnout and getting new story ideas (two to be exact). Anyways, hope you enjoy! <3 Happy Holidays!

Vince's POV

Simon was waiting outside the clinic after my session. He laughed seeing my surprised reaction to him being here. "Hey."

"What are you doing here? You could have slept in, you didn't have to wait for me."

"It was hard to go back to sleep, anyway." He shrugged. "How'd it go?"

"Good."

"That's great. I'm surprised you kept to the sessions," he said before pausing. "I mean that in a good way. I'm sure it's nerve-racking to let everything out like that or talk about things that are...painful. But you've kept going I heard."

With a nod, I replied, "it was long overdue, truthfully. I probably could've used Chase's advice a lot sooner, especially back then."

He nodded. "Well, I was thinking I should probably grab my things from Sam's if you'd like to help."

"Yeah, sure."

His hand found mine. "Xavier invited us over for dinner, by the way. Sarah will probably bring the actual food, but he did say he'd try and make something."

"Hopefully, Grant or someone else is there to prevent a fire."

Simon laughed. "He said he was getting better at cooking, we'll see about that. The poor kids."

"I'm sure Loreta is the one providing them meals," I half-joked. "That, or the kids are getting microwaveable food three times a day."

He scoffed. "That's if he's remembering to feed them three times. He's nearly as bad as you with remembering to eat three times a day."

"I've gotten better about it."

"Yeah, we'll see about that. I'll make sure that you both eat actual meals."

Pulling into the lot of the three-story apartment, I found a stall a couple of stalls away from Sam's red pickup truck. It wasn't until I put the car in park did Simon remove his hand from mine, unbuckling to get out of the car. The drive to Sam's place wasn't long, but we both stretched after stepping out of the car.

Compared to the nice building, and surrounding new cars, his truck stood out like an eyesore. As we walked past it I noticed that it even had a large dent on the front bumper.

Simon directed us to the stairs, which I found odd given it is a nice complex, but then again I didn't see an elevator in sight.

"Yeah, there's no elevator," Simon commented on the second landing, stopping to catch his breath. "Groceries were always a struggle."

"I bet."

Simon led the way down the hall before stopping at the second to the last door. He knocked three times. There was noise from inside until we heard the door unlock.

"Simon," Sam said as he opened the door. They gave each other a side hug before Sam held out his hand toward me. "Vince. Nice to see you again."

"Same." I returned the gesture.

Sam held the door open, motioning for us to come in. It was a small apartment, which only looked to be a one-bedroom, but it did look cozy and the kitchen was a decent size. Still, it felt weird being in Sam's home, and even weirder knowing that Simon had called this his home before too. Sam shut the door behind us before making his way to the other side of the apartment. "Most of it's already in boxes over here. There's a few of your stuff in the bedroom and things like toiletries are in the bathroom if you wanted to take any of it."