Just A Gift

The Seahawks practice schedule changed. With a little free time, Anthony decided to take Rayna to a custom jewelry store to make her something nice. They walked in were instantly greeted by a sales clerk.

"Mr. Steele, its so nice to have you here with us along with your woman" she said.

"Thank you." Anthony said.

"Should let you two browse or do you know what you want?" the woman said. Anthony looked at Rayna as if to ask the same question.

"I'll look first." Rayna said venturing out through the store. She turned into a kid in the a candy store. Rayna went from display case to display case. She stopped at one case to look at rows of dazzling rings.

"This is our wedding ring collection" the clerk said.

"They all are so beautiful." she said, amazed.

"Should we get started?" the clerk said.

"Oh no. No one is getting married anytime soon. We are just here to get a ring, something nice." Anthony said.

Rayna sighed in disappointment. "Shall we move on?" the clerk said.

"Give us a minute." Anthony said dismissing the clerk. She walked off as Anthony pulled Rayna to the side. Anthony kissed her cheek.

"In due time, baby." he said rubbing her back.

"In due time." she mocked before rolling her eyes.

Rayna walked to the next case. A ring that was oval shaped and encrested in diamonds caught Rayna's eye. "Can I see that one?" The clerk pulled it out. Rayna slipped it on her finger.

"You like it?" Anthony said.

"Yeah" Rayna said.

"Do we have a sell?" the clerk said.

Anthony nodded and pulled out his wallet.

Rayna was sporting her ring for dinner with her parents. She watched as Anthony struggled to get his tie done.

"Stop. You've never been able to do a tie." she said taking it from him. She looked at the tie and her face twisted in disgust.

"What?" Anthony said.

"The tie doesn't match!" she said. Rayna started going through his tie drawer. "You're wearing a dark blue shirt with stripes, black pants, and a black jacket. And you decided that a brown tie with green plus signs would look good. Absolutely not!" She said pulling out a black tie.

"I thought it matched." he said.

"You thought wrong, my dear" she said started to make work of the tie. "Who bought you that horrid thing?"

"I think you did?" Anthony said.

"Was I high?" She asked in disgust. Anthony laughed. Rayna finished the tie and brought Anthony to the mirror. "Now isn't that better?"

"Much better" he said. "Where would I be without you?"

Rayna laughed and kissed him. Anthony pulled away and spun her around before holding her in place to look in the mirror."Picture perfect" he said taking out his phone and taking a picture.

"Alright come on. We need to go." Rayna said.

"No, wait" he said.

"What?" She said as Anthony pulled her in. With a few clicks on his phone, "Love Fell On Me" by Shelea Frazier started playing over the speakers in the room. Rayna blushed. This was their song. They let the smooth rhythm take over as they danced. Passion filled the room. Anthony spun her around as he pushed her out. When he brought her back in his foot came down on hers.