Baby Talk

Anthony heard a door swing up and hit the wall violently. He opened his eyes quickly and began to sit up in his bed. He watched several children of the same ages run in and jump in the bed.

"Daddy!" they screamed.

"Hey." Anthony said excited to see them. The children hugged on him and it was hard for him to keep himself from falling back as the children latched onto him and sat in his lap. There was 2 boys and 1 girl. They appeared to be triplets.

"Mommy's making pancakes with strawberries!" the girl screamed in excitement.

"You have to come eat." one of the boys said pulling on his arm.

"Okay, I'm coming." he laughed as he got up.

Anthony and the children came downstairs. Rayna was putting food at the big dining room table. She looked at Anthony with big eyes and a smile. As the children took their seats, Rayna came to him and gave him a kiss.

"Good morning, honey." Rayna said. "It's time wake up."

"What?" Anthony said.

"It's time to get up." Rayna said.

Anthony snapped awake and looked at Rayna standing over him.

"Breakfast is ready."

Anthony had a dream of a big beautiful family and was aching for the dream to come true. He loved kids and would think about him and Rayna being parents one day. To be able to come home to a beautiful wife and an abundance of kids was what he's always wanted.

Anthony brought Rayna along for a visit to Seattle Children's Hospital. He watched as Rayna smile and hug the sick or injured kids. She treated them as if they were of her own blood. Reading stories, singing to them, and taking pictures. The kids were more open to Rayna than Anthony. He was amazed by how they gravitated to her. A blind person could see she was meant to be a mother.

After getting something to eat, Anthony drove them home. They made small talk about their hospital visit. Anthony watched Rayna light up when she spoke about the children. They got home and just relax before Anthony had to take a conference call.

He laid in bed with her, holding her close and playing in her hair. All of a sudden, he had an urge to use the restroom.

"Babe, let me up. I got to use the restroom." he said patting her back. Rayna sat up and slid off of him. Anthony used the restroom and came out to wash his hands. He noticed he was out of paper towels on his side so he went to Rayna's side.

While reaching for it, he ended up knocking over Rayna's medicine bag. He was stopped cold to see a box of birth control. That's when it clicked. They have had sex everyday since they wedded. She should've been pregnant by now.

He picked up the box and pulled out the pills to see it was evident that Rayna had been taking them. He walked out of the bathroom and held up the pills. Rayna looked in his direction and immediately wanted to disappear. Teenie, who was laying at the end of bed, got up and walked out.

"What is this?" he said.

"Well, that appears to be my birth control." she said.

"How long have you been taking it?" Anthony asked stalking over to the bed.

"I started a week after we got back." Rayna answered.

Anthony sighed and sat on the edge of bed. Rayna crawled over and sat next to him with her legs in his lap. "Before you get all up in arms, understand that this is my body. I have complete control over what happens to it. I'm not trying to be selfish but, I mean..."