History Pt. 6

On April 27, 2012, Anthony was the 75th overall pick in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft by the Seattle Seahawks. Between interviews, Anthony had Rayna on his side. They had a nice month and a half. Squeezing in little dates and rendezvouses when they could. Anthony still wasn't quite sure about her. One problem was being an NFL player you didn't have a lot time to spend with loved ones. Anthony felt like Rayna didn't deserve that. He felt like it was best to cut it off now before things got to serious.

"It was hilarious. After that, my brother refused to go to my grandfather's house." Rayna laughed after telling Anthony a childhood story.

Anthony laughed, but couldn't keep up the facade. He slipped his hand away from hers.

"What's wrong?" she said noticing he was down.

"I can't do this. It's not fair to you." Anthony said shaking his head.

"What isn't fair?" Rayna said.

"This." Anthony motioning between the two of them as they kept walking. "Rayna, you are a great girl. The time I've spent with you, it's been great. Anyone who knows you is lucky, but I can't keep this up."

"I'm not following you."Rayna said getting worried.

"A few months from now. I'm never going to be around. You're never going to see me unless it's on TV. You don't deserve that. I don't want you waiting on me to call you or ask you on a date. You should get better than that." Anthony said.

"Anthony." Rayna said.

"No. Let me finish. This has nothing to do with you. You are amazing. I just...Rayna, you shouldn't have to wait on me. You deserve someone that's going to have time for you. Someone that can call and say let's go someplace. Someone that spend time with you. I'm not going to be able to do that. " Anthony explained. "I guess what I'm trying to say is...Let's just stop. End this so no one ends up with a broken heart."

Rayna busted out laughing, stomping her feet on the concrete. Anthony was baffled by her reaction. He was pretty sure he was serious and was sure that he wasn't dreaming. "Did I say something that was funny?"

"You honestly think that's going to get rid of me."Rayna said standing straight up.

"What?" Anthony said confused.

"Honey, I'm not easy to run off. I know you won't be around all the time. I could care less. I just want to be here for you. You call me when you can. Spend time with me when you can." Rayna said.

"That's the problem. The 'when I can' part. You need someone that is available for you. Someone you can call on the phone and say come over and let's watch movies. Rayna, darling, I'm not going to be able to do that." Anthony said.

"And?" Rayna said, shrugging.

"Rayna, I'm not going to be here for you." he said glaring into her eyes.

"Anthony, I don't care about that. So a majority of the year will be dedicated to football. Great, cool. I get that. That doesn't mean anything to me. I can wait for you. It's really not a big deal." Rayna said.

"You'd be willing to do that. Wait around all the time for me." Anthony said.

"I'm in it for the long run. I know it's only been a month, but I'm here to stay." Rayna said.

Any girl would cut and run when their man couldn't time with them. Even go find someone else. No. Rayna was different. She really was in it for the long run, Anthony would soon see that. Anthony took her hand.

"You are truly amazing." he said.

"I try." she joked.

Anthony leaned in and kissed her passionately. Rayna enjoyed the kiss for a little while before kissing back. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he held onto her waist. They felt the fireworks fly up and pop inside them.

There so much love in between them. Sweet, happy love. This was the beginning to forever.